What would make your life better?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AHA!
I knew I was thrashing those floor boards for no rea...
Um, I mean no, I was never near your home. Of course not, what would I be doing there? hehe, haha, hum hum *gulp*

To be more grateful, I wish I could be more. I think this is easily lost, and it really does make you feel happier and more content.

M_also_lonely said:
Just seeing a little more joy and enthusiasm in people.

be-the-change.jpg

Because change comes after time and circumstance, not by the act of one single person.

Xpendable said:
Because change comes after time and circumstance, not by the act of one single person.

By helping people and being kind, you will see joy from people.  Therefore, if one helps and is kind, they will see more joy and enthusiasm. 

And that is more for M than you, because M has stated, quite definitively, that he will NEVER help someone unless expressly asked...and I've also seen him say that chivalry is deader than a doorknob, so he won't do anything even remotely resembling that, be it for a girl or a guy. 

But, no, it really doesn't have to come after time and circumstance.  By doing things that would bring about joy and enthusiasm, you WOULD see more of that in people.  Simply because YOU are creating it.  No, it won't be a worldwide thing, but you would be helping to make it happen.  Also, by you doing so, you may inspire others to do so, as well.  Kindness can sometimes spread like wildfire.  Ever hear of pay it forward?  A simple act can have a ripple effect, it just takes one person reading about it or seeing it to make it spread worldwide because eventually, if the act touches someone enough, they will post it on social media and will most likely inspire at least one other person to do the same. 

I don't know, maybe Kamya's article explains it better than I can.  I haven't read it yet.

kamya said:
You guys can be some extremely negative ******* sometimes.

:D :D :D 
That made me laugh this morning, thanks Kamya. You're entirely right, too ;-)

TheRealCallie said:
Xpendable said:

By helping people and being kind, you will see joy from people.  Therefore, if one helps and is kind, they will see more joy and enthusiasm. 

And that is more for M than you, because M has stated, quite definitively, that he will NEVER help someone unless expressly asked...and I've also seen him say that chivalry is deader than a doorknob, so he won't do anything even remotely resembling that, be it for a girl or a guy. 

But, no, it really doesn't have to come after time and circumstance.  By doing things that would bring about joy and enthusiasm, you WOULD see more of that in people.  Simply because YOU are creating it.  No, it won't be a worldwide thing, but you would be helping to make it happen.  Also, by you doing so, you may inspire others to do so, as well.  Kindness can sometimes spread like wildfire.  Ever hear of pay it forward?  A simple act can have a ripple effect, it just takes one person reading about it or seeing it to make it spread worldwide because eventually, if the act touches someone enough, they will post it on social media and will most likely inspire at least one other person to do the same. 

I don't know, maybe Kamya's article explains it better than I can.  I haven't read it yet.

It's like that movie with Haley Joel Osment, too bad he dies at the end.

Xpendable said:
TheRealCallie said:
Xpendable said:

It's like that movie with Haley Joel Osment, too bad he dies at the end.

Pretty sure everyone dies at the end....it's kind of how life works.

TheRealCallie said:

Maybe not ;-)
Some types of jellyfish and lobsters actually do not age (a process called senescence).
What if in a near future, we are actually able to harness this from them and develop a cure, literally, to ageing? We technically could live forever.
Now that would throw a new loop in humanity lol.

(From wikipedia)
In early 2017, Harvard scientists headed by biologist David Sinclair announced they have tested a compound called NAD+ on mice and have successfully reversed the cellular aging process and can protect the DNA from future damage.[34] "The old mouse and young mouse cells are indistinguishable", David was quoted. Human trials are to begin shortly in what the team expect is 6 months at Brigham and Women's Hospital, in Boston.[citation needed]

Xpendable said:
TheRealCallie said:

Yes, but he was a kid and I think he gets murdered.

He also made "Izzy Gets the F*ck Across Town".

I wonder if I should sympathize with the character or not. ;-)
Now that I've read the name, though...I'll have to find it and watch it. Just to know if Izzy makes it the f*ck across town or not lol.

Latest posts

Back