What would you buy if you had $20 trillion?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would first off NOT work a job. Then buy all the stuff I always wanted, get in shape, and take the time to find myself without having to stress about jobs and money.

There's more I would do as well, but those are the initial things.

- Buy a standard 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom single floor suburban house in my town, preferably in a relatively nearby location. Thereafter fully renovate to replace old plumbing and electrical work as well as make replacements on any faulty, worn or weathered architectural materials. Fully pay it off, leaving only property tax, utilities and insurance payments.

- Buy a new car. Like new off the lot. Preferably a Ford Transit 3XLT 16-seater van/minibus. Also fully pay it off leaving only insurance coverage and maintenance costs.

- Buy back my old music equipment that I sold.

- Buy a new bed.

- Buy some health insurance.

- Budget out a monthly supply of weed.

- Basically retire.

🤷‍♂️

I always thought I'd buy land and build an off the grid cabin. But if I had that kind of money, maybe I'd just go and go and go. I'd look for broken people and see what I could do to fix them.

Money is just a tool. Our quality of life resides in the people we interact with. There has to be someone out there that I don't want to run away from. Someone that had the power to make me feel I was home.

I would buy myself and my children new cars.
I would also buy three new homes.
I would get plastic surgery.
I would make a large donation to help in suffering- animal rescue in India.
Travel
I would not worry about money!

I have bought two $10 trillion Zimbabwe banknotes on ebay years ago. Even though they have no monetary value, they still make me feel better.

I'm going to be the sucky do-gooder philanthropist here (after I buy myself an ancient castle or manor house, well away from people, and hide away in obscurity).

Considering that Elon Musk, the richest person on the planet, is only worth a paltry $203 billion and I have 20 TRILLION at my disposal, I would make sure that every single person on the planet has the essential things they need to live a decent life - food, clean water, housing, mental supports, a way to make an income. And I would start changing the way we run this planet, starting with the environment. I sure as hell wouldn't use my money to further space exploration until we've got a good handle on our own world.

Latest posts

Back