what would you say

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends if we are talking about a love interest or a regular roommate.

If it's the latter, then at least 2 or 3 months. If it's the former then at least a year.

Then again, I am pretty conservative. So take that as you will.

Depends if we are talking about a love interest or a regular roommate.

If it's the latter, then at least 2 or 3 months. If it's the former then at least a year.

Then again, I am pretty conservative. So take that as you will.
not for me,I'm not seeing anyone I was just wanting to know.

Well, 2 months is always fun. I'd say at least a year. You don't know how this person acts throughout the calander year. There could be certain days, weeks, months that this person acts way different. And if you don't have a place to escape to, you're stuck in that situation.

Hmmm. After the first date would be too soon.

But, I guess I'm a little faster then others. I would move in with someone in a few weeks IF we spent a lot of time together and IF I wasn't signing a contract. But, either way I would keep my place for atleast awhile for when things didn't work out. Trust but verify. ;)

However, I dated one women for 4.5 years and we never lived together although I was at her apartment a lot of the time. So, it really depends.

I guess the fastest I ever lived with someone else was about six months. Well, other then the mail order bride thing that I did. That took about six weeks to get her here. Ha! Ha!

Jeez. Completely depends on the persons in question, there's no definitive answer. Personally I'd have to have a **** good connection with someone for that to happen at all, but I've been living on my own for so long that it would take some getting used to. For that reason it would have to be at least 18 ~ 24 months!

Depends on if you are moving in or if they are moving in. I would say don't do either. If things go sideways the one that moved in will probably get screwed. If cohabitation is desired, then I would think move into an all new space together. As far as how far into the relationship, Im gonna go with if you like your space and time don't live with someone. Purely based on my own experiences obviously.

As soon as possible, whenever it feels right, natural, whenever you both want it, whenever you spend more time together than not etc.

Edit: I didn't answer the question directly. I wanted simply to say that never is too soon or too late, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back