What Would Your Life Be Like Without Your Games?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't know two things, red overalls are stylish and how eating a mushroom makes me grow into a bigger version of myself.

I wouldn't know that the moment a crime was committed I immediately went to four stars and the cops knew exactly where I was (Thanks GTA). :p.

Seriously though, I would probably be a better musician.

Life would be less fun I suppose. Id probably make more art, talk to people more, watch more tv and write. Basically more of the things I already do when I dont feel like playing games.

Since my life is revolving around video games I guess I'd go insane or *gasp* interact with society which im not very good at.

I cannot imagine a life with no gaming. Somehow it helps me escape and meditate. Strangely enough there is also some socialization happening as well through guild, grouping and forums.

Necro! I just had to respond to this one.

I was addicted to the original SSI Pool of Radiance back in the early 1990s. Later on I binged on Master of Orion II. More recently I've been playing World of Warcraft. Those are the only three games I've ever been into in any kind of consistent way, although I've played a computer version of single-player Monopoly and Scrabble, as well as the usual freeware stuff such as Solitaire and Chess.

Without World of Warcraft I'd probably spend more time doing other things on the computer. I spend all day on the computer except for brief outings to run errands and, in nice weather, get a little bit of sunshine. I'd miss WoW but I've spent as long as nine months not playing it and would survive.

I haven't gamed that much lately because it hasn't been convenient and I haven't been in the mood. Too much other stuff on my mind. But it's nice to know it's there.

Cavey said:
Well, I used to be heavily addicted to games. I would play them for pretty much all my waking hours. I wouldn't work and often wouldn't even get out of bed. I'd forego food, sleep and human contact to keep going. I've bought every game console and computer that's been released since 1984 and I've probably spent more money on games than most people have spent on their homes.

I broke the addiction when I was in my mid 20s, but when my marriage started going downhill, I fell right back into it and spent a good 7+ years doing nothing but gaming. Nothing. I'd order all my groceries, then just sit inside for months at a time gaming endlessly.

Cavey, if you don't mind me asking, what did you do all this time for money? I'm curious how people survive without working for long periods of time. Not judging either, by the way. Just wondering.

Possibly a lot fuller than it is. I used to obsessively get into gaming right up until my 30s. Maybe it's the games now, but it no longer provides any distraction at all.

If people can control the amount time they spend gaming then it's just another form of entertainment, but for guys like me it goes without saying this can and does become a compulsive form or escapism. Sure I got a lot of pleasure out of it, my life possibly might not have turned out that differently anyway, but the main impact is that it allowed me to be utterly complacent while my youth slipped by.

Mind games you mean? Well my life would be a lot happiet that is for sure.

Latest posts

Back