What's a painful truth you've had to swallow?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That I actually have to make the effort of having people in my life, and not hope that the metaphorical knock comes to my door. Kinda makes a whole lot of sense honestly. Hmm...work...>shrugs< fresia, let's try that

I'll probably never really know what my proper role in life is (was) meant to be and I'll probably never feel like I fit in anywhere and I'll probably never come close to making even a fraction of my potential come true. In this incarnation that is.
Im a mystic want me to give you a free reading? 😇

I’ll never go overseas, I’ll never be good at art no matter how much effort I put into it, I’ll always have my ugly face, I’ll never be happy
Im sure you will! And im sure you’re not ugly, beauty is sooo subjective, im sure someone appreciates what you have to offer 😇

I'm never going to get into these leather trousers ever again, I'm going to have to go on stage in a bloody elasticated waistband and carpet slippers from now on 😱

Yes this one was rough. I always believed in kindness and helpfulness but at the end had to accept it is the disgusting ******** that always is rewarded, the more lies and deceit the higher the reward. Once realizing this it was my choice to stay kind and helpful (and happy) but distance me from others to protect my self. I never offer any help anymore as i used to but if asked i still help others.
Good for you for making the choice to still be kind and helpful!! I think that is still the right way to live, even though it may not be returned to you!
I am going to try to focus on that as well

I have been trying to achieve the goal of life and I forgot life itself.
The goal is always in the future and life is always here.

You can have the money, the house, the car… the perfect bloody “man”, the looks… the works… and still be an insomniac thats depressed as f*** 😔

I've been thinking about why living in "the future", hasn't been feeling very futuristic. One is the lack of science-fantasy tech, flying cars, androids, and also aliens, and things like that.

But the other is that life still runs on the same old competitive model it always has. So really all that's happening, is that time is passing, but we're not getting into "the future", because we're not advancing as a species, so things aren't really getting better. Technology is getting better, but our situation is not. It's still the same old shitty competitive system of survival of the fittest, cold cruelty and misery, war against all by all.
It's not a new day, it's just that we have cell phones now.

It's disappointing :(

I've sometimes wondered if it wouldn't be a good career for me to work on robotics somehow, to automate as much work as possible, in order to make life less competitive, because I strongly believe that every time we've reduced competition, it's increased our quality of life and has allowed us to be happier. Evolving beyond competition and being able to make our lives what we want them to be about instead of being forced to make our lives around competing and producing, is a cause I really believe in. I think giving people a higher standard of living and more free time to enjoy it or pursue whatever they want, will lead to more satisfying, fulfilling, rewarding lives, and a happier, more peaceful world. But I fear I don't have the intelligence for it, or the goal is impossible anyway, or it would take too long to happen, or capitalism would hijack it somehow and actually do the opposite of my goal, and make life even more competitive and lousy than it is.

Last edited:
The fact that I will never be what women want in a man. From what I’ve seen, they seem to gravitate toward outgoing, confident men, nothing elaborate or complicated. However, I will never be that, I’m too much a weird brooding loner with massive self-esteem issues that I have idea how to fix or if they even can be fixed at all.

The fact that I will never be what women want in a man. From what I’ve seen, they seem to gravitate toward outgoing, confident men, nothing elaborate or complicated. However, I will never be that, I’m too much a weird brooding loner with massive self-esteem issues that I have idea how to fix or if they even can be fixed at all.
1280px-Blackpillmeme335.png
This picture hits me back home and summarized my entire experience around women despite the self improvement.

Latest posts

Back