What's a painful truth you've had to swallow?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the critical importance of height, facial appearance & hair to attract a partner. the fact that our potential quality of life was determined entirely at birth by their genes does not give lesser males much of a shot at being happy, fulfilled or content-unless they learn to be satisfied being single & alone.

Forgottendanfan said:
That the world is indeed, not a fair place.

agreed- i wish i had learned this a long time ago as it would have prevented a lot of frustartion & confusion. t instead everything comes down to pure, random chance.

People who were born after 9/11 will be old enough to purchase alcohol in the US next year.

Paths and roads said:
Time seems to be more fleeting as one grows older.

Time seems to be a burden on most days.
Other days it just baffles me how it all races by.
❤️

That bigots will always be bigots.  And they don't care to understand that because wtf for.  They'd be happy to stomp your mouth on a curb.  Or stab Asians in the back blaming them for China's releasing of COVID at the Wuhan bioweapons lab.

SirPanda said:
That racists will always be racist.  And they don't care to understand that because wtf for.  They'd be happy to stomp your mouth on a curb.  Or stab Asians in the back blaming them for China's releasing of COVID at the Wuhan bioweapons lab.

I've known a few racists in my time (NOT as friends, but unwanted acquaintances, work colleagues etc.). They all had one thing in common, which is very low intellect. These people are morons and should be treated as such.

Forgottendanfan said:
SirPanda said:
That racists will always be racist.  And they don't care to understand that because wtf for.  They'd be happy to stomp your mouth on a curb.  Or stab Asians in the back blaming them for China's releasing of COVID at the Wuhan bioweapons lab.

I've known a few racists in my time (NOT as friends, but unwanted acquaintances, work colleagues etc.). They all had one thing in common, which is very low intellect. These people are morons and should be treated as such.

I don't really see how you knowing or being friends with a racist would make you feel bad yourself or put you in a negative light. (just pointing that out) 😉
Not all are morons just as not all are sane either. 
The even more noticeable thing with people who go to these extreme groups are a sense of not belonging anywhere and finding that home within a group of people uniting for a cause. 
Kinda like a cult.

MissBehave said:
I don't really see how you knowing or being friends with a racist would make you feel bad yourself or put you in a negative light. (just pointing that out)

True, I know some very intelligent people who are racist.  In most cases it has nothing to do with how much intellect you have, but how you were raised.  Racism is a learned behavior, IMO.

TheRealCallie said:
MissBehave said:
I don't really see how you knowing or being friends with a racist would make you feel bad yourself or put you in a negative light. (just pointing that out)

True, I know some very intelligent people who are racist.  In most cases it has nothing to do with how much intellect you have, but how you were raised.  Racism is a learned behavior, IMO.

Here in the U.K. it seems that most people who are overtly racist are uneducated (or under educated), on the lower end of the "social scale", basically looking for scapegoats to blame for their lives being so crap. For example, the "OH IT'S THE FOREIGNERS' FAULT FOR TAKING ALL THE JOBS" type of mentality. No buddy, it's YOUR fault for not being as employable, hard-working and knowledgeable as these foreign people.

That said, there are plenty of more "covert" racists around too, who tend to be cleverer and more discreet about it. Take our shambolic royal family, for example, and their current situation regarding Meghan Markle.

Actually I should have said bigots. Racism is different. Intelligent people use racism to perpetuate bigotry. Or sometimes bigotry is just bigotry. Racism is more of systemic issue. But there's lots of overlap.

The painful truth I've had to swallow: I'm not valuable to the man I love.
On a more personal note, I've had to admit that I have a temper lately and I don't like it so I'm working on that. I also think I have trust issues, so again, have to work on that.

Latest posts

Back