What's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes me smile all the feelgood in this thread. Ages ago I got a promotion at work for my skills. As it happened my boss and my dad was present at a party and my boss went on and on about me. To which my dad sighed and replied -she isn't doing too bad

I blushed at what was praise from my dad

I could probably easily answer a question like this whilst in the bath (as that's when everyone thinks the most of course) But now..

I know of one x] This Girl that I adore said that anyone including her (if she was single) would be lucky to be with a guy like me >.<

Not helping, seeing as she is taken lol.

My very good friend once said that I'm the smartest person she knows. I experienced a few major failures recently that really damaged my self-esteem, but sometimes I remember what she said, and it makes me feel better, gives me hope that things will work out! :)

My sister said I was the funniest person she knows.

A teacher said I have the most tiresome eyes, even more so than a dog (of something like that).

Someone said I was recommended because of my ability and I was the smartest person they know. It was ona certain subject, forget what.

There's not much.
The one I'd pick is when I was praised by my grand-parents.
"You're one heck of a kid."
Sure.
Am I one heck of an adult?
No.

Ghostwriter said:
There's not much.
The one I'd pick is when I was praised by my grand-parents.
"You're one heck of a kid."
Sure.
Am I one heck of an adult?
No.

I like it when people refer to me as a kid, I feel younger. Unfortunately, that doesn’t happen much now.

I still get that at work, some old truck drivers that I know will come in to make a delivery. We'll get to talking and then he has to leave and he'll say 'OK, take it easy son."
That gets me everytime, especially since dad is gone.

One day, a woman said to me "The girl who finds you will propably be the luckiest girl in the world"

Wow, when I really think about it, there's so many nice things people have said to me or about me. Some of my favourites:

-you're an angel that was sent here to save my life
-You remind me of that chick in Blood Diamonds. You want to help the world n stuff
-You're like a goddess

There are a few things people have call me, so I'll just list em here:

- You're an angel
- I adore you. You're such a cute little penguin.
- You really good at drawing

"You're cute!"

But really, I remember more what people have done than said.

When I turned 21 and was about to spend my birthday alone with only my mom, my best friend called and demanded we do something that night. It was late, I said no, but she insisted. She had gotten on the train and come down into my neighborhood as a surprise.

In high school, I worked with this guy I liked in the summer. When fall rolled around, I saw him on the train with a group of his friends. I waved awkwardly at him and he abruptly left his group, swung around the poles of the subway car and stopped right in front of me. We basically just asked each other how we were (and he wasn't interested in me) but I'll always remember he did that.

(It think it was a big deal for me, because I used to have a childhood friend in elementary school that I was close with in our afterschool program, but who shunned me in our day classes. I was pretty much an outcast in my day classes and the saddest thing was, I accepted it and she didn't do anything to change it. This time, my friendship wasn't dependant on the venue or the social atmosphere. He really cared and didn't care who saw.)

"I'm proud of what you've accomplished" - that made me feel so much gratitude and pride in myself.

Toady I had a solicitor call me at work and told me I sounded young, like in my twenties or early thirties. I told her mid-late thirties, she seemed surprised.

I've also been told numerous times by a friend on the phone that I have a sexy voice...I don't think so but hey someone does.

The nicest thing I ever heard is a prayer which my mother did for me when she was sick. I am the only daughter of my parents and always helped my parents through thick and thin. She prayed for my long and blessed life with my husband and daughter which I can't forget.

Don't know if it's the "nicest", but just today I was thinking back to a friend telling me about a dilemma she was in. She said, "I thought to myself, what would Petrova do in this situation? In fact, I think about how you would handle a lot of situations and I try to follow that." I was floored. I was a little honored. That's a great compliment.

Te Amo ...said to me by my beautiful and sweet little nephew, who i love very much, actually like my own son.

Ich liebe dich! von meinem ganzen tiefsten Herzen, für immer und für die Ewigkeit, Schatz du bist die wahre und grosse Liebe meines Lebens ...said by the love of my life to me, i don't translate it because i wanted to post it exactly as he expressed it to me many times.

Latest posts

Back