whats wrong with venting ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulo

Reaction score
i see it a lot in posts around here.
people apologizing for venting.
after witch there`s usually a verry honest emotional sometimes relatable and/or informative peace of writing going on.
I "enjoy" reading those posts.
not like a good book or anything, theyre usually pretty sad and real peoples live storys but still.
it always feels like someone is honestly expressing what he or she is feeling and by reading it you get to know the person a little better.
so i say.. Vent on.. vent all your little hearts out.
and stop apologizing for it, your making me feel guilty for reading it anyway.

LOL

Too true. It's just normal reaction, the writer feels bad after venting and subjecting others to our miserable little lives. That apology most of the time is coming from a place where the person feels unimportant.

paulo said:
i see it a lot in posts around here.
people apologizing for venting.
after witch there`s usually a verry honest emotional sometimes relatable and/or informative peace of writing going on.
I "enjoy" reading those posts.
not like a good book or anything, theyre usually pretty sad and real peoples live storys but still.
it always feels like someone is honestly expressing what he or she is feeling and by reading it you get to know the person a little better.
so i say.. Vent on.. vent all your little hearts out.
and stop apologizing for it, your making me feel guilty for reading it anyway.

I know old post is old, but you have an interesting perspective on it. Most people don't like vent posts. I don't know why, it's not like people write them to entertain others. They write them cause that's what's on their mind.

I don't see anything wrong with venting either, especially in a place like this. Besides, every time you write something, every time you articulate something, you might get a clearer picture of it and might find the answers. And if someone relates it might make you feel a little more understood and less alone.

+1

Latest posts

Back