When was the last time you got lucky? Oooooohhh.......

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay. That was a teaser. I don't mean that lucky. ;) I mean when something good, odd, and unplanned, happened to you.

For me, I bought an expensive item on Ebay. I was super excited when I got it. It was my Christmas present. But, I quickly realized that it totally sucked. Blaaaa. So, I'm in the process of returning it.

HOWEVER, when I went back on Ebay I happened to find two similar, even better, items 90% less then what I just paid. It has to be a mistake. But, the high ranking seller has thousands of items for sale. So, maybe one of their workers will just see it as a widget, ship the items to me, and move on to the next item. Or, maybe the powers to be decided I needed a break or two. Now I'm excited to see if the items actually get shipped or not, if the seller tries to negotiate with me, or the seller just cancels the orders. I've had all those scenarious happen to me in the past just not at this price point. So, we'll see. All this excitement is kind of fun. Ha! ha!

How about you guys?

A couple of weeks ago, I thought to myself "It really is time to trim my hair again." I haven't seen my hairdresser in 3 years, due to her being on two maternity leaves and the covid shut downs. Moments after i thought to myself, I looked on facebook and she had just posted that she had appointments available.

Wednesday I ordered 6*40g for €22 and received 6*70g Definitely not complaining 😁

We're in full lockdown until 14 January so my social phobia is appeased for Christmas, New Year's and my birthday* 😁

*I have really bad anxiety about covid right now but hopefully it'll pass.

Do lucky escapes count?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1562802374914.jpg
    FB_IMG_1562802374914.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 6
UPDATE: So, the seller doesn't want to fill the orders I placed and paid for. Big Surprise!!!!

Instead of being honest and state that, they came back and said the items were not clean. So, I said send them anyway I won't complain. Then they said they test it and it didn't work. So, I said send the other one. Then they said there is only one. They are trying to get me to cancel my orders so it doesn't look bad for them. But, no matter what they say I'm just going to keep asking them more questions and telling them to send it until they finally cancel the order themselves and take the hit.

It's become a fishing game for me. I want to see how much further they continue to lie and try to deceive me. I don't think I'm going to get lucky on this deal. It's amazing how people just can't own up to their mistakes and take responsibility for them. I would have tried to make some kind of deal with them on something else and cancelled my orders if they were honest with me. No big deal. We all make mistakes. Oh well. People suck! Thanks Santa!!! Ha! ha!

Update #2: The seller JUST NOW found out that their warehouse doesn't have any units at all and won't get any more for a few months. I guess that "non-working" one just disappeared some how. Ha! ha! Liar! Liar! Pants on fire!

So, of course I said then that's fine I can wait a few months until you get them in stock. But, we'll just keep the two purchases I made open. Ha! ha!

Hey! I'm not going to make it easy for them. They screwed up and I'm not going to get anything out of this. So, I need to atleast get some fun from it.

Good and lucky happened to me? Today. God gave me one extra day to repent. I guess. I’m not sure if that’s a proper answer I just don’t have another answer

A while back I got a 25$ gift card.
I couldn't think of what to use it for so I set it aside.
Well, I had unexpected company and quickly tidied up, moving it to another location.
I then ignored it where I put it, because I'd confused it with a previous gift card in which I'd only have like $4 or so on from a use.
I plugged it in yesterday to check the balance and discovered it's got $25 on it and I'd just confused it with my former gift card before it.

So in a way, I found money that I forgot I had. 🤷‍♂️😅

Time before that was probably a couple years ago when I found a small paperclipped wad of cash with a $5 on the outside of the fold in a parking lot of a closed shopping center on a late night stroll.
It looked pretty beat up, definitely had been rained on and dried out more than once. Money is money, so I picked it up, figured I'd take a look through it once I got home. Turns out, that was actually $327. I was only expecting like maybe $50 at most. So I bought an ounce of weed and divided it up into quarters for 3 or 4 of my friends and myself. That was pretty awesome, actually. I wish I could find free weed money more often. 😂

Latest posts

Back