Where are you from?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You loved Canada, but that makes me think of that joke I once read, about that American who moved to Canada.
I'm sorry, but this one always make me laugh so much.
I just love the way his humour changes in the course of the joke.
Hope you don't hold it against me.
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/l-f-joke-email-about-canadian-winter-described-new-immigrant-961781/
OMG, this was a new one to me. Laughed my ass off. :LOL: :ROFLMAO: And, yeah - pretty accurate when it comes to a Canadian winter. At least where I live.

I'm from England, did live in Canada but when I was younger my mum and dad moved my sister and I to England! I much preferred Canada I'm nit gonna lie
Why do you prefer Canada over England? What part of the country did you live in? I'd prefer to live in England myself.

OMG, this was a new one to me. Laughed my ass off. :LOL: :ROFLMAO: And, yeah - pretty accurate when it comes to a Canadian winter. At least where I live.

Why do you prefer Canada over England? What part of the country did you live in? I'd prefer to live in England myself.
I've thought about living in Canada. The US is going bonkers. :confused:

It's one of those jokes which, if you read it again in six months, you can still laugh your ass off.
It's very well written.

Have you had any of the 100+ mph winds?
It got pretty breezy and we had quite a bit of rain and there is a lot of tree damage and a few uprooted. There are some houses that got messed up and it's mainly from trees falling on them and shingles flying off and fences flying away. I know several people who still don't have electricity, but the numbers are dropping. All in all, we were extremely blessed. How about your area?

I am from, and still live in Charlotte, North Carolina. Somehow I ended up staying in my home town. When I was a teenager we moved to New Jersey, I really hated it. Then I moved to Miami Florida in my twenties and spent several years down there, I did like Florida and I was planning on staying there. Eventually due to some circumstances I ended up returning home and I just stayed. Now I really don't want to leave, I got offered a great job in Atlanta, and I accepted it, but when it came time to move there I changed my mind and decided I like it better here. We also got the hurricane yesterday here, but it was just some wind and a lot of rain, no big deal.

I am from, and still live in Charlotte, North Carolina. Somehow I ended up staying in my home town. When I was a teenager we moved to New Jersey, I really hated it. Then I moved to Miami Florida in my twenties and spent several years down there, I did like Florida and I was planning on staying there. Eventually due to some circumstances I ended up returning home and I just stayed. Now I really don't want to leave, I got offered a great job in Atlanta, and I accepted it, but when it came time to move there I changed my mind and decided I like it better here. We also got the hurricane yesterday here, but it was just some wind and a lot of rain, no big deal.
I never heard of Charlotte, north Carolina! Is it warm weather? Or just shitty weather ?

I would say Charlotte a warm climate. The summers get very hot, with a lot of humidity, I would say summer is the worst season, this year it was the worst because everyday was like 95 with 80%-100% humidity. The average daily temp here is 70 degrees. The spring and fall are very nice, there's a lot of sunshine. Winter gets cold by our standards, some years we get snow and some years we don't. If it snows there might or might not be accumulation. Also winter tends to be short, it's usually only gets very cold in January and February. What I like about the climate here is that it's typically warm, but we do still have all four seasons. When I lived in Florida it was just always warm.

Latest posts

Back