which one do you prefer

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188685

sunflower lover
Reaction score
Are you good at talking to people face to face or do you prefer to talk to the on the phone or through a forum site?

Wasn't there another thread with this same question?

Anyway, I am in the face to face camp. Followed closely by on the phone and lastly through text or on a forum.

I HATE talking to people on the phone. I need to see their non-verbal expressions. But, I do not like speaking in general. It just seems like it takes too much effort. I like texting and forum posting.

My articulation is the same no matter the platform.
People understand me better through text though.
Social situations aren't my strong point, so even though I can converse fine in person.
People don't typically expect me to be as articulate as I am, and I get misread a lot of the time because of it.
I'm creatively aloof, and I've been using creative writing as an outlet for a little over half my life now.
I often get mistaken as being pretentious because of it, when the reality is that I think like a tinkerer and in conceptual design. Life is a patchwork of dissociated information to me, and that can get lost easily in talking with someone.
If you meet an artist who draws or paints abstract art, they'll do so sometimes while talking to you.
If you meet a creative writer or a conceptual artist, they'll draft ideas around while talking to you.
That's all that it is. It just doesn't translate well in speech.

I think I'm better talking to people on forums, at least at first.

It takes a while for me to get a "feel" for the person, and how I can match myself to them, before I feel good at talking to them face to face.

Text/online chats, although lack of emotional tone is a drawback to that mode of conversation.
I only like face-to-face chats when I feel there's plenty to say on my part.

Face-to-face for visual communication cues, then phone because voice is present. Text doesn't carry the same amount of communication as when voice, facial expression, or gesture are present. And it's why poets have readings.

Latest posts

Back