Who am I?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beingnobody

Reaction score
Do you talk to yourself? If so, what do you talk to yourself about? Conversation? Introspection? Questions and self doubts? I am very thoroughly confusing myself.

I talk to myself in a nurturing way trying to be the parent I never really had? Maybe it's my higher self. I try to be my own best friend. How we talk to ourselves and the stories we tell ourselves is important.
Hopefully the younger generations learn emotional literacy, self-soothing and positive self-talk.

Sometimes I just have to life coach myself to keep going, I'm so tired 😔

Last edited:
Everyone does it. Doesn't matter who you are or what you do, you talk to yourself. lol

As for what, sometimes I criticize myself, sometimes I go over what I have to do, sometimes I ask myself what day it is (okay, fine, I do that one a lot...). Just whatever. If no one is around and I feel I have something to say, I'll just say it to myself. lol

Yeah I do, not really out loud, more like an introspection. A lot of regrets, of how I should have said or done things differently. Sometimes I keep replaying certain events from the past and it just brings out a lot of hurt and self loathing.

I try to distract myself from this because it can cause my moods to really spiral downwards.

My inner person keeps me from doing all the things that would get my outer person in prison. But, my inner person also criticises and belittles my outer person. However, my inner person realizes that self happy talk is more healthy to do. So, my inner person throws a compliment to my outer person once in awhile to appease him. Getting the two of them perfectly aligned would be great (inner peace). But, I've failed to do that after many attempts. So, it's usually an inner battle. No wonder I don't want to deal with anybody else. I'm tired just dealing with myself.

Latest posts

Back