Who buys CD's anymore?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It was Mine

Reaction score
So i took my Album art and cut it up ha. And Made these posters for my walls, just something that could keep you busy if your bored, and it's very personalized.

i dont. not having to go to the store to look for stuff though has made me lazy at finding new music. several cds that i bought back in the day i ended up liking so much. something about going somehwere and looking around and picking something out. i dont know, i am just really lazy about finding new music now.

haha the last cd i think i ever physically got was probably evanescence's the open door, fall of 06

I'm also curious who buys cd's anymore.

I personally haven't bought a cd since around 1998.

It's nice to just download an entire album in a couple of minutes, but I miss the feel of actually buying a cd, looking at the cover art, reading the lyrics, the smell of the packaging, etc...

I don't have one single memory of what it was like to download a song, but I have many wonderful memories of what it was like to listen to a certain cd for the first time and what it felt like to buy it.

Last year I was trying to assemble a 1,000,000 song jukebox and was doing pretty good until one of my 500 gig drives failed and I lost thousands, and thousands of songs. I couldn't remember what I had already downloaded and what I actually had, so I just gave up. Too hard to keep track of it all.

"all my music is from physical cds that were downloaded onto my comp..."

All of my physical cd's are on my hard drives, but I didn't physically rip them, I found it much easier just to download it, even though I already owned it. Guess I'm lazy.

I buy rare CD's through discogs and ebay once a month.

Other then that, most of my music I get through online means (the legal model to me isn't perfect yet, but I have flirted with it).

I used to buy a lot of CD's until I discovered how smooth and easy it was to get music through iTunes and eMusic. I eventually got bored with that though, so I started buying "real" CD's again. I think it's great fun, even though it's more expensive. I've always valued covert art and lyrics and having the booklet in front of you is the best way to enjoy that. It also feels like a better way of supporting the music I like, which is fairly underground stuff that barely makes money to begin with!

i do, but then i copy them onto my computer and mp3 player. the only time i actually use my cd's is in the car because my stereo doesn't have an auxiliary jack to plug my mp3 player into it.

I would if I had the money to. I'd probably just rip it onto the computer, put it on my iPod and then never use the CD again.

It is still nice to have the uncompressed backup.

I buy CDs.

To me, they fit the perfect space, between the bulk of records and record players, but still giving you a physical copy - the CD itself, the case, and the album art and liner notes. I like having a physical copy of it, and having a collection of CDs.

What I do is back them up to my computer right away, and I never use the actual CD so I don't wear it out.

Latest posts

Back