Who do you truly miss the most from your life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim. When I was 15, I didn't have a date for prom, so I stayed home.
It worried my mother because at the time it was depressing to me.
So she went and talked to Tim, who was 10 years older than me, and my older cousin's boyfriend at the time.
Tim was a guitarist, and she knew I wanted to learn how to play, so she asked Tim to show me how to start.
So, instead of going to prom, I learned my first chord that night instead.
It completely changed my life, music is a language, so it's like learning a new language.
He died the following year, of an accidental overdose on a relapse.

My dad. The only person I could ever really talk to who cared. Sometimes he would laugh and say, ****, you tell me everything don't you. Then I would laugh and say, well, yeah. I totally trusted him and he mostly trusted me. I've always been amazed that nobody in my life has ever totally trusted me. I guess it's because nearly everybody screws each other over so it's a defense mechanism.

But, for me, I'm happy I was atleast able to totally trust someone. It would be awesome to totally trust someone else again. But, I don't see that happening.

I miss V. the most., the woman from York I met like when I was about 40 years old.
If there has ever been one person that made me feel loved, she was the one.
She seemed to see right through all of my flaws.

Last edited:
I don't miss anyone. Then again, most of my family are alive. I'll miss them when they're gone. I don't know what it feels like to miss someone.

I miss my soulmate of nearly 50 years and he just passed on a few months ago. A psychic once told us we had spent eight lifetimes together and even though it goes against my beliefs, she was an amazing psychic so who knows?

I still miss my mom and dad and they have been gone for 25 years now, passing on just months apart. I also miss my brother and it's well over 10 years since he's been gone.

We were also blessed with several awesome pets and I miss each and everyone of them.

Still wondering why I have ended up stuck here with so many loved ones being gone.
😭

With 8 gone in the last 18 months plus with several others who passed away prior to that during the months of November to January, it's hard to pick one out.

Just makes one think however, you've reached that stage where life stops giving but instead begins to take away.

Seriously, often just wish that oneself was added to that list in order to get this whole shitshow over and done with.

My elder uncle, or great uncle? I dunno.
When i was 9/10 i was homeless, but he took me in. And he is one of very few people i knew that i know to have genuinely cared about me.
When he got sick i couldnt watch him just fade away, so i visited him less and less. I regret that now.

The only significant relationship in 40 years moved out of state 2 years ago.....I miss her.
My birth family are all dead, I'm the last one alive of the five of us but I don't miss them.
I do miss what might have been......what relationships I might have been part of if I'd lived my life differently.

Latest posts

Back