Who here really enjoys conversation?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ladyforsaken said:
Enpatsu No Shakugan said:
Xpendable said:
There's always Discord.

I like Whatsapp a lot more (at least once you get to know someone). But yeah, many options.

You'd have to give your mobile number away with WhatsApp though, I feel Discord's always safer... until you're more certain.

I didn't read everything in this thread, but I used to be able to do real lengthy conversations. Here, e-mails, texts... now I've lost the drive. I'm pretty sure it's me really. Does it get like that when you get older? Maybe not for everyone, though I do wonder how to reignite that drive once again.

I doubt it's an age thing; you just need to talk to the right person, I've found. Once it happens it becomes a chore to NOT write and talk until you're blue.

What other places did you meet these people?

I don't often have strong connections with people anymore. It just seems as though most people are fickle, shallow, stupid. I'm no intellectual, but I do like to delve into deep topics. I love conversation that is witty and visceral.

sometimesthewolf said:
What other places did you meet these people?

I don't often have strong connections with people anymore. It just seems as though most people are fickle, shallow, stupid. I'm no intellectual, but I do like to delve into deep topics. I love conversation that is witty and visceral.

It was simple, really. I just found other forums I liked to be at. And after a little while, I just happened to bump into two girls that melded well with me. And I made quite a few other friends at the same time each time too.

It's why I'm adamant you meet the best people for you in places you would naturally be yourself.

I struggle with conversation and need to know someone well before I'll sit down and really chat to them. Often people would walk up to me and try to initiate a conversation and I'll pretty much snub them with short sentences. It's only when I get home that I realize that I actually missed out on a good opportunity.

Apparently conversation takes practice so in the conversation world I must be the equivalent of an obese guy wanting to run a marathon.

Greenish said:
I struggle with conversation and need to know someone well before I'll sit down and really chat to them. Often people would walk up to me and try to initiate a conversation and I'll pretty much snub them with short sentences. It's only when I get home that I realize that I actually missed out on a good opportunity.

Apparently conversation takes practice so in the conversation world I must be the equivalent of an obese guy wanting to run a marathon.

Well, you'll never get used to it if you keep running away.

Enpatsu No Shakugan said:
Well, you'll never get used to it if you keep running away.

It's not a question of running away, its instinctive an involuntary reaction perhaps. Reflecting on it and anticipating similar incidents going forward might see me react differently.

Greenish said:
its instinctive an involuntary reaction perhaps.

How is this different from running away? It's just the more technical term.

Right. You have to get used to it, and you do that by sticking with it gradually. Little by little, building it up. But fleeing entirely won't accomplish that, IE, don't run away.

Conversation is a lost art. People don't listen, just talk. A good conversation is better than sex.

Black Manta said:
Conversation is a lost art. People don't listen, just talk. A good conversation is better than sex.

And it can't be fixed without effort; that's the biggest reason.

A good conversation is better than sex? You must meet more interesting people than me then.

humourless said:
A good conversation is better than sex? You must meet more interesting people than me then.

Oh come on, a good conversation is always better than sex.

Anyway, I like conversations. I talk a lot though. Message me if you want to talk sometime.

humourless said:

You said you're married, right? What was it like when you first really clicked and knew she was that kind of person for you?

That's what a great conversation can feel like, when you first start feeling that kind of chemistry, especially with someone you're attracted to.

So yeah, quite a bit better than sex.

Latest posts

Back