Who here would you like to estabish a relationship with?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kamya said:
Arsenic Queen said:
flaneur said:
I try not to get too close to people on forums though, because everyone eventually leaves or becomes inactive. Depressing.
quite wise
It's like that in real life too mhmm.

Yes it's called death and moving away amongst other things in real life. So never make friends in real life either, everyone dies.

SophiaGrace said:
kamya said:
Arsenic Queen said:
flaneur said:
I try not to get too close to people on forums though, because everyone eventually leaves or becomes inactive. Depressing.
quite wise

Yes it's called death and moving away amongst other things in real life. So never make friends in real life either, everyone dies.

That obvious implication had already crossed my mind, SophiaGrace, but I figured the differences were so glaring that I wouldn't need to elaborate. In real life you can still keep in touch with people who distance themselves, with the occasional phone call or text, without it feeling weird; on the forums, people can vanish without the slightest warning. It's only like death if death is occurring among people you know at an alarming frequency of about every month.

flaneur said:
SophiaGrace said:
kamya said:
Arsenic Queen said:
flaneur said:
quite wise

That obvious implication had already crossed my mind, SophiaGrace, but I figured the differences were so glaring that I wouldn't need to elaborate. In real life you can still keep in touch with people who distance themselves, occasional phone call or text, without it feeling weird; on the forums, people can vanish without the slightest warning. It's only like death if death is occurring among people you know at an alarming frequency of about every month.

If you have no contact with a person you've met on a forum, outside of the forum, (via email and fb, and other mediums) then yes, the turnover rate will be higher and at best the person was only an online acquaintance since they didn't bother to give you any other means to communication.

SophiaGrace said:
flaneur said:
SophiaGrace said:
kamya said:
Arsenic Queen said:
quite wise

That obvious implication had already crossed my mind, SophiaGrace, but I figured the differences were so glaring that I wouldn't need to elaborate. In real life you can still keep in touch with people who distance themselves, occasional phone call or text, without it feeling weird; on the forums, people can vanish without the slightest warning. It's only like death if death is occurring among people you know at an alarming frequency of about every month.

If you have no contact with a person you've met on a forum, outside of the forum, (via email and fb, and other mediums) then yes, the turnover rate will be higher and at best the person was only an online acquaintance since they didn't bother to give you any other means to communication.

Well I was obviously referring to people I wasn't contacting outside of the forum, because otherwise I wouldn't be bothered by them disappearing from the forum in the first place. Also, I would prefer to get close to people before I give out other means of communication, so I disagree that they would merely be an online acquaintance.

flaneur said:
SophiaGrace said:
flaneur said:
SophiaGrace said:
kamya said:

Well I was obviously referring to people I wasn't contacting outside of the forum, because otherwise I wouldn't be bothered by them disappearing from the forum in the first place. Also, I would prefer to get close to people before I give out other means of communication, so I disagree that they would be an online acquaintance at best.

Maybe try talking to people you meet here via an instant messenger service. I find it easier to comunicate in that medium, rather than with PMs. There's something about a PM that's a lot more onerous than IMing someone. Plus you can still keep your anonymity with IM services.

SophiaGrace said:
flaneur said:
SophiaGrace said:
flaneur said:
SophiaGrace said:

Well I was obviously referring to people I wasn't contacting outside of the forum, because otherwise I wouldn't be bothered by them disappearing from the forum in the first place. Also, I would prefer to get close to people before I give out other means of communication, so I disagree that they would be an online acquaintance at best.

Maybe try talking to people you meet here via an instant messenger service. I find it easier to comunicate in that medium, rather than with PMs. There's something about a PM that's a lot more onerous than IMing someone. Plus you can still keep your anonymity with IM services.

Will do. I prefer Helpful Sophia over Sarcastic Sophia.

IM and going into the chatroom is how i've established my friendships here.

good luck Flaneur.

There is only one, and he knows who he is. But there's no way to build any trust bond when it's "all or nothing" so much, it's too much whammy. I cannot do it.

I would like to establish a relationship with you. Yes, you. You know who you are. Start relationshipping already.

I don't mind establishing relationships with anyone. It would be nice to meet a local Girl who I hit things off with I guess x]

ajdass1 said:
I want to establish a relationship with mintymint (SMIRK)

hello.gif

Blue_Eyed_Symphony said:
hehehehehehehe

I don't believe there's a user with that username of "....................................." lol. Who?? Spill!!

Look! Justin Bieber pretending that he can sing!
*vanishes*
I'm just good like that.

Latest posts

Back