Why are you lonely???

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Extremely later bloomer. One of those men who didn't develop confidence until much later in life and is then stuck wanting to relive younger years. My looks and social skills have improved but the time for making friends and dating is over. Peers live boring lifestyles, and as much as I'm condemned for admitting it, I'm not that attracted to whatever age-appropriate options there might be partner wise (or white women in general because of what I've encountered from them).

There's no non-creepy course of action available. I could try to hang around people 15 years younger or "go abroad" to find someone but this is either too shameful or against basic principles, so I live in fantasy instead, dreaming of a life where I'm not an old man.

People will call me a giant turd for admitting all this but at least I'm honest about it.

Last edited:
One of those ... stuck wanting to relive younger years.
I have this inner juvenile delinquent child that yearns to break free, invite like minded 😎😉😁🤠😈 individuals over for some serious day drinking 🍸🍻🍺smoking weed 🌱, and listen to a mix of Led Zepplin 🎶 and Pink Floyd🎵. Will send invite to all when she escapes 📬

To quote Carl Jung: “Loneliness does not come from having no people about one, but from being unable to communicate to others the things that seem important to oneself, or from holding certain views which others find inadmissible . . . If a man knows more than others, he becomes lonely.”

FoolQuest.com remains my own Message in a Bottle cast upon the cyber seas, frustrated outreach indeed for thoughtful committed citizens, unreasonable people bent upon adapting the world to themselves instead of adapting to the world, collaboration cofounder candidates, allies setting forth upon the true to life Hero's Journey.

I'm lonely because I've been married 27yrs. I'm a singer and I get propositioned all the time by women who could be my granddaughters. I've never cheated. I'm questioning that. My wife has ZERO interest in me.
Any other singer constantly propositioned by younger women, might count their blessings! Why not just man up and tell your wife, to put out or shut up. Tell her that you are entirely ready to let her of the hook if she no longer loves you. You can have an open marriage. It's only cheating if its secret and elicit. Come to terms.

I've already answered this question before but only partially. I get well with people, eventually, maybe superficially. Deep inside though, I feel misunderstood. Actually, I am often misinterpreted. It's like I'm wired differently. In the end, it's just easier for me to be alone than trying constantly to explain my actions, words and reasoning, the values behind my actions. Maybe I'm just being lazy but I'm at peace for now.

I've always found it difficult to make friends, and then when I had them to keep them.
Because I have low self-esteem I find it hard to believe anyone really likes me, and this leads me to question those who do, so then those people move away from me too.
And because I feel insecure about whether women or men attract me, I tend to feel nervous about women, it's like I don't want them to come close, but then I wouldn't feel comfortable if a gay man came on to me either.
I don't know what I'm so scared about, rejection?
I have felt rejected all of my life.
But because of all of this, I hardly ever go out, so of course I won't meet anyone who's interested in me that way, and when I do go out, I feel like I lost any social skills I had.
When I was younger it used to happen a couple of times that a woman would put her arm on my leg, and I noticed it of course, but I just didn't know how to react.
So, I feel blocked and locked into my own system, I don't know how to get out of it.

Most of my loneliness comes from the fact that I made my head a comfortable place to be, unlike the vast majority of people I've met in my life.

So paradoxically, in finding inner peace for myself, I also isolated myself from connectivity, since I didn't want to be connected to a bunch of toxic bullshit. 🤷‍♂️

I used to be lonely but ever since I ditched self hatred things have gotten better. I still get existential crisis now and then especially when I'm bored. But listening to music helps me a lot especially soothing music. Rn I'm sitting at the front of my house, it's about 7 pm writing this. What does bother me now is when my mind questions what's reality because recently I was on drugs and saw all kinds of weird stuff. But remembering that people out there feel pain helps me know what's real.

So, why are you lonely and how can I help????
I don’t get together with any of my neighbors, and, I live alone.

Being lonely is not easy. Admitting it to your self makes it real. As we Get older it's harder to find new friends. I'm alone and I often think I need to change this . But how do you start to.
This is so true. I've always managed to push it to the back of my mind and not think about it, but the older and older I get the harder and harder it becomes to push back.

Loneliness can take on many different forms, I work in an office, surrounded by people, on the phones, and speak to quite a few people with in the course of a day so in one sense I am not lonely, but its the lack of any true strong close connections where I am.

The reason I am lonely, well that only down to one thing, Me. My inability to form any friendships when I was much younger, my inability to shed of my insecurities and the things holding me back, and as you said, my inability to just facing up to the fact in the first place and dealing with it, rather than just trying to forget about it.

I feel like I am misunderstood a lot,and people don't understand me,due to how I talk,I have a very low voice and some people can't or don't know what I'm saying.
Low voice? Can I asked, in volume or pitch? Certainly nothing wrong with a quiet voice, Personally I would rather that than someone loud and in your face all the time. But hay, that just me. :)

Latest posts

Back