Why don't I feel scared about getting Covid?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell, as a teenager I used to LOVE Hostess and Little Debbies. Now they taste like wax to me.
Ha! ha! I used to eat entire containers of frosting because it tasted good. I didn't know what sugar really was or how much was too much. It took years before I started realizing that sugar is the fast track to health problems. Luckily I realized that before I started having problems. Just saying eat healthy and exercise or showing someone a food pyramid of some sort doesn't really educate anybody it just turns them off.

I am kind of surprised about Native American having a higher rate of obesity. Where I live is about 11% Native Americans and one of my work places it is probably over 50% but I really haven't seen it in them.
Well, obesity is not always visible which surprises people. If they have very little muscle they can be obese without looking it. At one job they did health assessments every six months. They were always celebrating some stupid crap and eating cake. Donuts were always around. I refused to touch them and people were actually mad at me for not being part of the team and eating with them. I said all that stuff is posion. Well, one time was really funny. Most of the people had Obese marked on their summary. Mine was marked Athelete. Ha! ha!

And let's not forget......all the recalls. I have a rather large garden in the summer, but then there's winter. So I guess I should eat cake in the winter, instead?

269738401_5086570534709731_2664532903525842987_n.jpg

^ That really looks good!

BTW, do you grow sweet potatoes? I want to start growing them. They seem pretty easy to grow. But, I need to find snips to plant. I was thinking about growing some from a store bought sweet potato but I don't know what variety they actually are. I need a desert variety. I would even prefer to grow them in a 50 gallon plastic barrel to keep the gophers out of them.

^ That really looks good!

BTW, do you grow sweet potatoes? I want to start growing them. They seem pretty easy to grow. But, I need to find snips to plant. I was thinking about growing some from a store bought sweet potato but I don't know what variety they actually are. I need a desert variety. I would even prefer to grow them in a 50 gallon plastic barrel to keep the gophers out of them.

I do not have a green thumb at all, but I have managed to grow sweet potatoes, so yeah, pretty easy. I would check farm markets or nurseries for starters, they will usually have some or know where the get them.

The number one reason, forgive me I'm just the messenger, I'm not fat. Actually I have always had less then 5% body fat. The military listed me as less the 2%. Yes that's correct. But, I don't look it. I just look slim and in shape. Althought the average over weight person identifies me as skinny. Anyway, it's easy to stay healthy when you are slim and eating properly.

People that get very ill from Covid have underlying issues. Mostly it's over weight people and their results from being overweight. It turns out that Covid loves to hang out in fat cells:

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-12-coronavirus-aim-fat-cells.html

"The latest findings may prove particularly important in the United States, where the obesity rate is among the highest in the world. Most American adults are overweight, and 42 percent are obese. Black, Hispanic, Native American and Alaska Native people have higher obesity rates than white adults and Asian Americans, and they have also seen death rates roughly double those of white Americans."

Maybe everybody should be more focused on loosing weight and eating better. It just may save their lives.
I saw a clip this morning which made me wonder if your post was inspired by Joe Rogan, what you wrote is pretty much what he said. Yet, he did not choose to depend on his health, insted gobbled up ivermectin and to be sure took monoclonal antibody treatment. Must have felt pretty scared to do so, since is only effective early on. Right now, only one monoclonal treatment is effective against omicron, and is in short supply. Most at home test are also useless, Binaxnow seem to be ok. Accordingly, there is no surprise omicron is breaking though vaccines not made for highly mutated virus. Approved Antiviral pills will be available in very limited quantities, and due to long process of manufacturing, don’t expect this to be a solution. Pills also work in early stages to be prescribed after positive test. We are in for a ride, because of rush on testing and late results. Who can isolate for days on covid suspicion until conformation? Most can’t, gotta work, and it could be flu or cold. So, get ready for massive omicron infection. The only positive that can come out of this, is the possibility of heard immunity.

I saw a clip this morning which made me wonder if your post was inspired by Joe Rogan, what you wrote is pretty much what he said. Yet, he did not choose to depend on his health, insted gobbled up ivermectin and to be sure took monoclonal antibody treatment. Must have felt pretty scared to do so, since is only effective early on. Right now, only one monoclonal treatment is effective against omicron, and is in short supply. Most at home test are also useless, Binaxnow seem to be ok. Accordingly, there is no surprise omicron is breaking though vaccines not made for highly mutated virus. Approved Antiviral pills will be available in very limited quantities, and due to long process of manufacturing, don’t expect this to be a solution. Pills also work in early stages to be prescribed after positive test. We are in for a ride, because of rush on testing and late results. Who can isolate for days on covid suspicion until conformation? Most can’t, gotta work, and it could be flu or cold. So, get ready for massive omicron infection. The only positive that can come out of this, is the possibility of heard immunity.
No, I don't even know about Joe Rogan. Well, awhile ago I was curious about the differences between natural immuity and the Covid Vaccine responses and how they worked. I find it all very interesting. But, it's extremely difficult to find credible information. I found, what appeared to be a very well versed immunologist. I beleive I posted the link on another thread. It could all be BS. I can't verify it. But, it makes sense to me.

He explained that it's not simply just a lock and key method as usually shown to people so they can understand things and feel good about vaccinations. There are several ways to identify and trigger antibody responses. Our immune system chooses the best one or more then one to react based on what it discovers. The current vaccines are all based on just one way of triggering a response, which is fine for now because it seems to work at a high percentage for most people.

However, it trains the immune system to just continue using that one way. So, if the virus mutates and changes how it attacks then the vaccined immune system may very well ignore the attack while the unvaccinated immune system will, again, pick the best way for the job. That doesn't mean the vaccines don't work. It means that a totally new vaccine will need to be created. I heard not long ago, on the local news, that the poweres to be are already talking about being able to handle a situation if the virus mutates. They realize they are chasing the mutations. So, again, the explanation seems plausible to me.

Normal people are tired of isolating. So, there would be tremendous push back if isolation orders are handed down again. So, I don't see that happening even if hospitials become over crowded again, which is probably going to happen. But, if people, vaccinated people start dying in large numbers then shutting everything down will probably happen again too. It's obvious the government wants to paint the unvaccinated as the bad guys in all of this.

THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION FROM HERE (UNQUALIFIED GUESS):
But, what may end up happening is the unvaccinated survive at a higher percentage then the vaccinated UNTIL a new vaccine is created. We will be chasing this virus for a long time unless we get lucky.

I'll throw this in one more time too: If we all, as in the world, actually isolated for, I believe, two weeks the virus would be stopped in its tracks. That would require mass border closures and lots of preparations. Sure, many people will die because they won't be treated if they get sick. This paints me as an evil, unfeeling person. But, it would be a one time mass die off instead of continued deaths, pain, suffering, and mass economic problems for decades or longer.

BTW, we never recovered from the 2008 economic callapse that we had. We've just being draggin it along with us. For some reason we just don't want to get hit hard one time and then move on new and refreshed. We do NOT have control of this virus although everybody wants to believe we do. We are just rolling the dice and hoping for the best while the leaders want to celebrate the defeat of this before it occurs. I know that China has already celebrated the defeat of the virus. I wonder how many times they will continue to do that.

Last edited:
That is probably the best attitude to have!
For the record, I am not scared. I started my lonely life in 2018, because I couldn’t handle disappointment in people any longer. Due to that, covid restrictions did not affect me as much. I don’t have health insurance either and would probably just suck on the gas if I got really sick. At this point, I just don’t want to be sick becuse my blind dog can’t feed himself and let himself out. My nearest “friend” lives 30 miles away, and has his plate full without me putting any expectations on him. I only have two, pe visiting, one sporadicall, and this one every other Saturday. So here is the kicker - he visited Saturda, we were going to get booster together but we couldn’t get to it from Covid testing crowd. It’s one of the mass testing vaccination sites. Later that day, he informs me the sniffly son in law tested positive. His wife, symptomatic, tested negative. Now sister has fever, not sure when is her testing appointment because you just can’t get one! There are 6 people in household, all vaccinated. During delta, his wife picked it up, but no one else got symptoms, who knows if they were infected or not. If they did, for 2 sick ones, there is no immunity. Couple is in their 40s, with kids 20s and younger. At this point, young ones are sick. Obviously, I have been exposed, so far so good for both of us.
You are right that vaccines only target part of the virus, the spike which attaches itself to cells. The more spike changes, the least effective vaccines become. They will still help fight it, hopefully preventing hospitalization. This is what data shows, non vaxxed are majority of hospitalized. If data lies, so do I.

"Why don't I feel scared about getting Covid"?
Cause i'm not afraid. It's a damned flu= RNA Virus. It'll never go way.

(Wrote a lot more; deleted it.. but... nah... doesn't sound like it belongs here )

Everything in moderation. I eat dessert, but I try to make it healthier and it's usually always from scratch, so I know exactly what's in it. And don't even think about taking pizza away from me entirely. lol

That said, yes, a lot of people do think healthy equals no taste. The same as people think vegan foods are automatically going to be disgusting or have tofu in them. I "trick" people all the time with my vegan baking. You can't tell, like at all. They are always surprised as hell when I tell them it's vegan. lol People need to get over their assumptions about what does and does not taste good.

That reminds me of how I tried plant-based ice cream over the summer. Surprisingly, it wasn't bad at all. Sure, it was different than regular ice cream. But it tasted just fine, very much like what it was supposed to be. I wouldn't be opposed to eating it again.

I've had plant-based burgers as well, and again they were fine. Although that could be because I put so much hot sauce and barbecue sauce on it that it would all taste the same anyway, lol 🌶️🌶️🌶️

At the same time I think there are some unhealthy foods I don't see myself ever giving up. Heaven help the poor soul that tries to take pizza away from me, either.

If we can't have pizza, we riot!

The number one reason, forgive me I'm just the messenger, I'm not fat. Actually I have always had less then 5% body fat. The military listed me as less the 2%. Yes that's correct. But, I don't look it. I just look slim and in shape. Althought the average over weight person identifies me as skinny. Anyway, it's easy to stay healthy when you are slim and eating properly.

People that get very ill from Covid have underlying issues. Mostly it's over weight people and their results from being overweight. It turns out that Covid loves to hang out in fat cells:

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-12-coronavirus-aim-fat-cells.html

"The latest findings may prove particularly important in the United States, where the obesity rate is among the highest in the world. Most American adults are overweight, and 42 percent are obese. Black, Hispanic, Native American and Alaska Native people have higher obesity rates than white adults and Asian Americans, and they have also seen death rates roughly double those of white Americans."

Maybe everybody should be more focused on loosing weight and eating better. It just may save their lives.
Agreed with you. You share a very important information thank you

I don't think most people know why some people get sick from Covid and other's don't. It's not all underlying issues, either. I work with the mother of a front line nurse and he reports many healthy young people (20s - 30s) with no underlying conditions dying from Covid. My parent's neighbors were both in good shape, no underlying conditions, neither were obese nor unfit, and they both contracted Covid at the same time. She had no symptoms whatsoever. He ended up in the hospital, including ventilator time, for over a month, followed by oxygen for 6 months at home. He had to go on disability and only gradually recovered his strength. He's not sure if he will experience long term effects or not. True, such stories are rare, but no one can give him an explanation why he suffered so much and his wife didn't. Don't live in fear, but don't mess around with it, either.

Last edited:
I don't think most people know why some people get sick from Covid and other's don't. It's not all underlying issues, either. I work with the mother of a front line nurse and he reports many healthy young people (20s - 30s) with no underlying conditions dying from Covid. My parent's neighbors were both in good shape, no underlying conditions, neither were obese nor unfit, and they both contracted Covid at the same time. She had no symptoms whatsoever. He ended up in the hospital, including ventilator time, for over a month, followed by oxygen for 6 months at home. He had to go on disability and only gradually recovered his strength. He's not sure if he will experience long term affects or not. True, such stories are rare, but no one can give him an explanation why he suffered so much and his wife didn't. Don't live in fear, but don't mess around with it, either.
Thanks for posting. I agree most people do not look very far into why things happen. Just being slim or just being vaccinated is not the magic bullet. It's all about our immune systems. The vaccines only try to trigger our immune systems to react as if the virus is attacking so it's prepared for the real attack. Every person is different. Every person's immune system is different. Some are slow to react, some are fast to react, and some over react. My immune system is propably not as strong as it used to be and will continue to decline with age. But, I'm doing my best to keep it strong.

The terms healthy and in shape can have a very wide range. Someone can also appear to be health when they are not. Maybe someone is temporarily run down, missing lots of sleep, DEPRESSED, or already sick with the flu and their immune system is temporarily not up to the challenge. I remember watching on the news with the youngsters getting together and celebrating during the early parts of the pandemic. Some called them Covid Parties with youngsters mostly in their 20s. More then likely they were healthy. But, they were also drinking and partying, which can temporarily weaken their immune systems. Plus they may have been / probably were partying in close courters with others that were infected.

Also, with all virus, I believe, it matters on the amount and duration of the exposure to the particular virus. A healh immune system can / could be overwhelmed if you stick a health person right in the middle of a bunch of infected people and leave them there I.E. doctors, nurses, and other front line personnel. If I was a health care worker I would have already been vaccinated and always masked up, or I would have quit my job. That's just me. Some front line workers that don't want to get vaccinated are hoping their quality masks protect them. They hope to only get minor exposure every now and then, and build up a good immune response. That's how it usually works for them because they are always around sick people. This virus can be deadly though. So, it's more risky to do that.

Probably the best advice is for everybody to strengthen, and keep strong, their immune systems. But, Covid appears to like fat. So, reducing your body fat will reduce your odds of getting / having a bad case of Covid. However, yes, someone that is in good shape can still get sick and / or die. Someone that is vaccinated may also get sick and die. Life is a gamble. Each person should choose how they want to play to odds.

Last edited:
Okay.. truly agree with most here... going to write what I know about this "thing"... lol.. Very interesting = how the miraculous human body reacts to infections. We all have different "normals"= "The Health Continuum"

What Finished said is perfect:
"Probably the best advice is for everybody to strengthen, and keep strong, their immune systems. But, Covid appears to like fat. So, reducing your body fat will reduce your odds of getting / having a bad case of Covid. However, yes, someone that is in good shape can still get sick and / or die. Someone that is vaccinated may also get sick and die. Life is a gamble. Each person should choose how they want to play to odds."--Finished

Thank you! Everyone is different. The Health Continuum= your normal BP or Temp, ability to handle pain is different than everyone else-- which is the exact point that Finished and others here have mentioned.

Worked in the Medical Field, studied the Genome Theory before it was finished. All RNA Viruses mutate, they are never eradicated. RNA viruses= the common cold, flu, Varicella. Covid is an RNA virus. Ever wondered why you need a flu shot every year? The flu mutates... it's a different shot every year. Know why, when you are ill, overtired, or in severe pain you run a fever? Cause your body is fighting-- sending out messengers to fight for normal. Kinda sorta like... overheating to kill germs, to fight the "fight or flight" stuff which makes all the little workers in your body go to work!

Covid is a flu-- it'll always be with us. I've not heard of too many deaths from actual Covid (Media lies, so does Gov't) without there being underlying conditions which are already weakening your little fighter cells.

Compromised immune systems will not do well if Covid, Flu, or any RNA virus comes knocking at your cells. That, is what I have managed to discern from all the information that actual Epidemiologists, Immunologists are saying-- the ones who are NOT being paid off by Big Pharm.

The fear mongering about this RNA Virus by the Mainstream Media, and many doctors does not help anyone. Before putting out a Vaccine- they DID NOT isolate Covid. Side effects from these so called "Vaccines" are horrid! Effects on clotting, Neurological, -- so many with Long Haul illnesses! And yeah, you guessed it-- NO I WILL NOT COMPLY, no jab here.

And, yes, even with being "Vaxed" and boosted-- you can still shed the thing; why do you need boosters? The efficacy of masks is questionable. Lockdowns, not letting kids play outside in the sun (Vit D3) has harmed more than helped, not to mention the economy and small businesses...

one thing i read of many= https://worldaffairs.blog/2021/12/1...vid-vaccine-yet-an-evidence-based-discussion/

Finished-- actually said it all for me-- thank you!

I would even prefer to grow them in a 50 gallon plastic barrel to keep the gophers out of them.

Ingredients For gopher stew

5 stalk celery
salt and pepper to taste
3 lg potatoes cubed
10 c water
3-16 oz can tomatoes with juice
1 bell pepper diced
3 md spanish onions
5 Tbsp all purpose flour browned
2 whole jalapeno peppers
6 lb gopher meat

I should check, In your area a gopher is the furry critter, not the land turtle, right?

Latest posts

Back