Why is there so much violence against LGBTQ coming from islam?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh come on. I called you an idiot by pm, that was it, for getting the previous thread closed. Report me, it was still against the rules and I know it, if you don't like it. I've moved on and as I told you, I've spoken my piece. You aren't that much better, what with "I thought the level of intelligence was a bit higher here, but I guess I overestimated you all.". Which is a polite way to call everyone idiots. I'm just more direct with it.
If it makes you feel any better, I apologize for offending you. But that doesn't change what I think. We actually have laws protecting freedom of religion here in Canada and I stand by those, including Islam. Anything else is violating a principle that's an integral part of western civilization. I'll never advocate for, or against any religion and will call out anyone who does so, whether I agree with the concept or not. There's plenty I don't agree with, too.
Oh, well, you also said that you have many muslim friends here, it sounded a bit like ganging up on me.
But apart from your childish words, you are very quick to frame me as being there to forbid religion.
Like I said before, the question is who has supremacy, civil law or islamic faith.
I am 200% behind civil law, because it not only protects the rights of one group, but society as a whole.
Yes, laws protect religions, but they also protect LGBTQ.
It cannot be that one group gets a free reign to violate the rights of another.

No, you don't get it. Wiki is not a good source because every single article on Wiki can literally be changed by anyone at any time.
No, it cannot.
Those articles are reviewed by others, especially sensitive ones, such as the ones about islam.

It is NOT a reliable source, which is why colleges and high schools in America don't allow it to be used as a source.
Case in point, the hamburger Wiki I once read. Yes, it was actually on there. Doesn't matter for how long. Even the simplest sentence could be changed and it could ruin factual information. And yes, I know how Wiki works behind the scenes, doesn't matter that it's monitored. What matters is that it can be done, like I said, by anyone at any time.
It does matter for how long, it proves that if anyone hacks it, it gets corrected.
With your reasoning you could also say that if a news site gets hacked, and displays some political message, that that news site is unreliable "because it doesn't matter how long it was there".
The fact that the posts I quoted have been on there for years, prove that they cannot be simply denied, because just look at what outrage even a book of fiction like "The Satanic Verses" produced.

But of course, it is easier to discredit sources than to talk about the contents.

I have a good question for you, insecure. Why do muslims living in Europe receive lower wages compared to Christians and even atheists/agnostics?
Where do you get that information?
I am careful with looking for answers to gratuitous assertions.
And why do I have to answer for questions like that?
What does it have to do with the violence against LGBTQ?
Are you looking for a justification for the use of violence by some muslims against LGBTQ?
Or are you just trying to divert attention from the issues?

and since we're at it, why do muslims in Europe oftentimes live in the worst neighborhoods, while Christians, atheists and agnostics seem to generally live in nicer places?
Again, is this gratuitous assertion correct?
What I do know is that in Belgium, if you only have one income as a couple, this often leads to poverty.
I also know that many muslim men don't want their wife to work, for fear of being approached by other men.
Here in Belgium, most poverty occurs with single parents, religion plays very little part in that.
And social houses go for a disproportionately high part to foreigners, often muslims.
So they have no reason to complain, at least not to authorities or the country that gives them the opportunity to get social housing.
Last time I visited such a neighbourhood, I could see garbage bags stacked in a very dirty way on top of each other, in a way that is not allowed.
So the fact that they are bad neighbourhoods, is also often caused by the behaviour of those people themselves.

Also, why do so many muslim people in Europe speak of discrimination, when Europe is supposedly about tolerance and rainbows and tree-hugging and all of that? In fact, I find these questions so pressing I may start my own thread about them.
Well, go ahead.
I find that muslims are very good at playing the victim.
The topic is about violence to LGTBQ by muslims.
But the first thing muslims or their defenders do is to divert attention from that and portray muslims as the big victims.
Not only is it untrue but it is no justification for this behaviour.

Like I said, Belgium spends huge amounts on social housing, but when you look at the way some of those residents ruin these buildings, it is a complete disgrace.
Some people are illegally in the country and rent from people with bad intentions, and often those taking advantages are foreigners themselves.

Same with illegal work, in which the illegal person borrows a card from a Belgian with foreign roots, who then cashes most of the wage.
Oh yeah, I happened to be in Ghent the moment Erdogan won Turkish elections the other day.
I saw lots of muslims waving Turkish flags on their cars, making dangerous manoeuvres in traffic, honking for a long time.
It seems laws and rules are only for others.

But feel free to open another thread to complain about things.

Last edited:
Oh, well, you also said that you have many muslim friends here, it sounded a bit like ganging up on me.
But apart from your childish words, you are very quick to frame me as being there to forbid religion.
Like I said before, the question is who has supremacy, civil law or islamic faith.
I am 200% behind civil law, because it not only protects the rights of one group, but society as a whole.
Yes, laws protect religions, but they also protect LGBTQ.
It cannot be that one group gets a free reign to violate the rights of another.

Alright, that's just ridiculous. We also covered all that in pm, I'm not going to dignify that with a response. You're obviously chosing to put intent in my mouth where there isn't. I don't even know what pushed me to get suckered into commenting on this one anymore.
Laws DON'T protect religion; they protect discrimination, be it on sex, race, religious belief and a schlew of others. You're debating, because you ARE, that Islam is worse than other religions. By those same laws, that's discriminatory.
That's all I'm going to say about it. I'm tired of being called a bully, especially when it started with YOU saying I can't think for myself. People get a free pass on pissing on others but when I ACTUALLY fire back, I get all this passive agressive bullshit. Y'all can play in your little courtyards talking through your asses without me.

No, it cannot.

"Wikipedia is a wiki, meaning anyone can edit nearly any page and improve articles immediately. You do not need to register to do this, and anyone who has edited is known as a Wikipedian or editor. Small edits add up, and every editor can be proud to have made Wikipedia better for all."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Editing

M'kay thanks, buh-bye....

Laws DON'T protect religion; they protect discrimination
Are we going to play these word games?
Laws protect the freedom of religion, there you have it.
And laws DON'T protect discrimination, they protect AGAINST discrimination.

You're debating, because you ARE, that Islam is worse than other religions. By those same laws, that's discriminatory.
No, you want this comparison, because like you said before it is not allowed to compare religions.
That way you can get the forum topic closed.
Although I have refrained from comparing religions that is what almost everyone here has done in response to what I wrote.

I'm tired of being called a bully, especially when it started with YOU saying I can't think for myself.
You are very aggressive, you just prove that with every message, whereas my words are calm

Last edited:
"Wikipedia is a wiki, meaning anyone can edit nearly any page and improve articles immediately. You do not need to register to do this, and anyone who has edited is known as a Wikipedian or editor. Small edits add up, and every editor can be proud to have made Wikipedia better for all."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Editing

Note how the article about islam contains the Semi lock icon.
That means that not anyone can change it, the way you claim.
So just because you used a huge font size doesn't mean you were right...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:protection_policy#semi
So probably the article was vandalised in the past a couple of times, and as a measure it is now semi locked.
If this is not enough, there will be higher levels of protection.
Such as the article about Muhammad from which I quoted, which has extended protection...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Protection_policy#extended
Extended confirmed protection, also known as 30/500 protection, allows edits only by editors with the extended confirmed user access level, granted automatically to registered users with at least 30 days' tenure and at least 500 edits.

Maybe it would be better to drop the arrogant tone, as you obviously are not that all-knowing as you pretend to be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back