Why many people are lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

Cherubino

Reaction score
Wait, there's something wrong with being a garbage man? I know several people who have done that job They make a pretty good paycheck...granted, not what a doctor would make, but a lot more than fast food or retail. On top of that, it's honest work.

Also, to clarify other posts, America is NOT full of Nazi wannabes who beat people with batons....
well I think every culture has their outcast jobs ... replace it accordingly

TheRealCallie

Princess Pink Love
Reaction score
I'm not sure you can really say that would be what "public life autism" would look like. Every autistic person is different. I know many that would talk to anyone, stranger or not. And go on and on and on about crap no one else cares about. Not all people with autism find what the video described as "clingy," I know several that love being touched and touching. And then you have the bad aspects of autism....the meltdowns and whatnot. So yeah, I don't think an autistic world would be any better than the one we have.

TheRealCallie

Princess Pink Love
Reaction score
well I think every culture has their outcast jobs ... replace it accordingly

But why does there have to be "outcast" jobs at all? At least they are working, paying their bills, supporting themselves and their families. THAT is what matters, not your job title. That, to me, is one of the BIG problems with the world. A constant need to label, belittle, look down on whatever doesn't fit on a nice little bow.

Cherubino

Reaction score
But why does there have to be "outcast" jobs at all? At least they are working, paying their bills, supporting themselves and their families. THAT is what matters, not your job title. That, to me, is one of the BIG problems with the world. A constant need to label, belittle, look down on whatever doesn't fit on a nice little bow.
I agree ... I took garbage man from the Romanian culture ... the Simpsons producers took that from the American culture

Cherubino

Reaction score
I'm not sure you can really say that would be what "public life autism" would look like. Every autistic person is different. I know many that would talk to anyone, stranger or not. And go on and on and on about crap no one else cares about. Not all people with autism find what the video described as "clingy," I know several that love being touched and touching. And then you have the bad aspects of autism....the meltdowns and whatnot. So yeah, I don't think an autistic world would be any better than the one we have.
PLA is a term I made myself ... a metaphor attempt ... forget it
"The word itself comes from the 1912 German term Autismus, a combination of the Greek autos, "self," and the adjectival ending istic" ... so to me is a metaphor meaning "not interested about others around them (like living in a bubble)"

Last edited:

Latest posts