Why me?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't she have friends or family members? Maybe she didn't want to strain the relationships with the people in her life. You know, the people she actually values...

I get that you still care about her, that's to be expected, but she obviously doesn't feel anything like this for you. If you were having a crisis do you think she would even have responded to a message? If you were dying of cancer could you expect a call from her? This "relationship" only exists in the rare instances of you being a useful source of emotional support.

Capn Wannabe said:
Yes, she does mean more to me than just a friend, but I can put that aside.  There was a period earlier this year when we were "just friends", and it was working fine.

If you could put it aside so easily you wouldn't feel the need to come to the internet to process your feelings and thoughts and ask strangers for their input. You would also not wonder why her other friend doesn't check on her cat nor would you find it important that he's a male.

Does she have a car? If not maybe she needed a lift and that would explain it.
Because logically it makes no sense to ask a layman like you to confirm that a cat who is vomiting is sickly and needs help. She needed some saviour, not to save her cat but to save her from being alone with the negative experience. She knows she can count on you to come in like a knight wanting to save his princess. It wasn't about you but about her need. You know that. That's why you're asking why she chose you as her white knight and not the other guy who's also in the friend zone.

It's a different kind of relationship - for me - between two blokes, and a bloke and a woman, especially when you were involved with the woman romantically. 
But you said you could put that aside.

No, I'm not staying in contact with her.  She contacted me and I responded.  Subtle difference, but it's there.  And just for the record, I would have done this for *any* of my friends, male or female.
but how is she your friend if you're not in contact with her and she ghosted you?
You know I don't think you would have done this for a male friend because a damsel in distress who needs saving scenario is less likely to occur between 2 guys. A male friend wouldn't have asked you for that sort of thing in the first place. This type of thing usually occurs between a woman and a guy who is in love with her, usually desperately. It is irrational of a person to call a person they ghosted to show them their vomiting confused cat instead of taking it to the vet asap or choosing another friend whose shoulder to cry on.

Latest posts

Back