Why the Pandemic is good

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azariah

Reaction score

it is good for mother nature. good for animals, less pollution. etc.

BEST MONTHS OF MY LIFE...i mean existence!!! Looking forward to covid22.
It'll be totally new. We'll have no possible idea how to handle it even though it's in the same group of viruses. However, we will know that our bodies can't possible fight against it so we won't try. We'll need to shut the world economy down, fresia up all the production activities and supply chains, and suck the little bit of wealth from the bottom feeders in order to make the rich a little bit more rich and call it stimulating the economy. Sure, everybody will say the economy is back on track because the Dow Jones is in record territory again. The only problem is that a crap cheese burger will go from $8 to $20. But, it'll just be called short term inflation that will settle back to normal in, well, never.

Ehh. I wouldn't call the pandemic good. That's like saying war is good, because it spurs the development of new technology. That may be true, but in both cases, a lot of people had to get killed for it. I'd say the price is too high.

Sure, everybody will say the economy is back on track because the Dow Jones is in record territory again. The only problem is that a crap cheese burger will go from $8 to $20. But, it'll just be called short term inflation that will settle back to normal in, well, never.

This is what I'm afraid of. It feels like there's an increasing divide between "the stock market is doing well" and "regular people are doing well". And prices that went up because of issues related to the pandemic, won't go back down to what they were before again, because companies know that people still bought stuff at the inflated prices, so they feel like people will just accept those prices now.

Hopefully if anything we'll soon realize that we have to come up with a better idea than capitalism (and now, war) because the world just can't function on the old way anymore. We've reached the limits of what the old way can do, and it's not compatible with the new world.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back