Why?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DakotaDesert

Reaction score
I have 2 great happy and healthy daughters. I have very good friends. I have a good job and no financial problem. No problem at all in fact. I am single but want it to be that way for the moment. Despite all of that, I am depressed and feel lonely. I feel like I am the only one on earth to be so lonely. I don't feel any happiness, I feel completely hollow. I have no reaction when something dramatic or happy happens. I do not have any desire, any energy... I feel like I am alive but I do not live my life. I feel more like a robot. Why? Do any of you got that experience? Do you have any idea of what can cause that?

you function well doesnot mean you feel well, and too much functions destroys the feeling of being alive. maybe you're a great mother of two daughters, maybe you have no care about you money, and your work comfortable. but that doest not mean a happy life, a meaningful life, that's merely the basic of life. and what's the difference between a living being and a robot. a robot cannot love and cannot feel alone, for it's merely a machine, has no thought of its own, no feeling of its own, no love of its own. it's merely a functional device, a scarecrow, a bellow, the more it appears splendid the more it becomes empty, and hollow!
so if you want to become alive, crush down this machine robot, and give your real life a chance, and find your true love in time, and let love be an eternal ruler over you two, and then you'd never find yourself lonely, but will feel happy ever after. and unless, you become happy yourself, you could never bring others into that garden of bliss, for what you have not experienced, you cannot express. so let your lonely heart be burnt by the fire of love, and to pain, to recover and then to love again with a new heart and a new soul. and all the universe would be illuminated by your overwhelming beauty.

I can relate to you...I have no financial problem, I am married with 2 kids, I have no major problems in my life, but I don't feel any happiness.

It may be chemical imbalance try taking meds.... it worked for me.

DakotaDesert said:
I have 2 great happy and healthy daughters. I have very good friends. I have a good job and no financial problem. No problem at all in fact. I am single but want it to be that way for the moment. Despite all of that, I am depressed and feel lonely. I feel like I am the only one on earth to be so lonely. I don't feel any happiness, I feel completely hollow. I have no reaction when something dramatic or happy happens. I do not have any desire, any energy... I feel like I am alive but I do not live my life. I feel more like a robot. Why? Do any of you got that experience? Do you have any idea of what can cause that?

tangy002 said:
I can relate to you...I have no financial problem, I am married with 2 kids, I have no major problems in my life, but I don't feel any happiness.

It may be chemical imbalance try taking meds.... it worked for me.

DakotaDesert said:

In fact I tried the medecine thing but it worked for a while and now I am back to the situation from before. I tried to work out because it seems that making sport makes you produce some andorphine (not sure of the word) but it did not work either. I tried to get myself involved in different activities that I used to like (riding, camping, hiking...) it did not work either. Maybe, as Bianhua says "you function well doesnot mean you feel well, and too much functions destroys the feeling of being alive." But I don't see any solution. I might try to force myself to stop scaring about being in a relationship. Maybe I should give it a try. Maybe I feel lonely and hollow because I have nobody in my life, nobody I can care of, nobody that make me feel important and alive.

Latest posts

Back