Windows 11

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 190481

Reaction score
I am still using Windows 10 which I am okay with. Just I get an invitation now and again to upgrade free to Windows 11.

If push comes to shove and I had to upgrade, then fair enough.

Is Windows 11 worth moving up to?.

Last edited:
Good thought you have mentioned. Wise then I consider the upgrade sooner than later then.

Thank you. :)

I have heard that windows 11 is essentially just a Chromebook design. I'll be waiting.

Here's what PC Mag says.

PROS
Beautiful, more consistent design
Great window layout options
Strong video gaming features
Performance-improving features
Runs Android apps

CONS
Requires a recent CPU
Some interface changes like the new Start menu and Taskbar take getting used to
Useful tools are gone: Timeline, some tablet gestures, and Action Center

It can take up a lot of space on your computer, make sure you have the room for it an your other programs and that you exceed its requirements or you may end up having a computer with minimal space and become sluggish. It's a large download so you should also check to see what you are allowed with your ISP or you might end up getting charged extra if you exceed your data limit.

I really appreciate everyone's input in this. Certainly got me thinking a lot whether to upgrade or not.

The speed etc is perfect no problems, so the thought of the sluggish part if I changed over cringes me. Also of course I am used to how it all is.

Really for what I use my laptop for is just buying from online stores as also Ebay, games, food shopping, banking etc. Nothing big time do I use it for these days.

I did use it a lot more a few years ago as I was an admin of an over 50's forum for 12 years, that was fun and enjoyable. But as all goes after a while many went to Facebook etc.

So for my needs, for now, I think then the best for me to just stay with Windows 10 until I hear Windows 10 is finishing/fading out.

Thank you so much everyone. :)

Windows 11 isn't bad. It has got some things I like, but I dislike it overall. Why? Because I am not used to it.

These things are simple, Windows 11 is alright and better in a lot of aspects, but we are human and like things we are used too. If your pc can handle the upgrade, and you aren't afraid to change habits, then I would say yeah, go for it.

I am not going to upgrade, I like Windows 10 :)

(BTW, you can always upgrade or get a different kind of operating system on your device. Don't feel forced to change in case you can't get the upgrade any more. )

I can still remember being on Windows 7, that was great. :) The move then onto Windows 8 dithered me, but I got used to it. Eventually of course getting as now with Windows 10.

Just I vaguely remember reading about several complaining about many ins and outs of Windows 11 which at that time for me to think, hmm I will stay on Windows 10.

Then as like I mentioned at the start here of the invites now and again more often to get Windows 11.

I am like you liking this Windows 10, so for now, until they stamp their feet for me to change over I will just stay put.

Funnily enough me talking so much about windows, it got me to remember I needed to clean my home glass windows :rolleyes: .......hm, now that was a job and a half. :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

I spent a lot of money on my computer and kept it way too long. Maybe 10 years. I wanted to sell it and got $25 for it. Not even worth shipping!! I then tried to donate it and no one, not even schools would take it. I had to throw it away (recycled). I then wondered how odd it was for me to hold on to the computer for so long so I asked a bunch of people to my shock, I was far and away the oldest computer. No one holds on to their computer so long, they become completely worthless! Better to spend less and upgrade more often then spend a fortune to lock yourself in to a computer that will be worthless. I couldn't upgrade anything either. Nothing was compatible by the time I got rid of it.

I say definitely upgrade to windows or maybe if you've had your computer for 5 or so years, sell it if you can and buy a new computer that has Windows 11.

Good points you have made.

I held onto my first and only desktop, Packard Bell, for many years, so liked it. But then it stopped working so I got my first laptop. I was on Windows 8.1 by then I think.

Several laptops I have had since, now my latest HP Pavilion is nearly 2 years old.

Windows 10 has been a reliable operating system for many users, and the idea of transitioning to Windows 11 can be a bit daunting. You're absolutely right; it all boils down to whether the new features and changes in Windows 11 align with your needs and preferences.

the lack of user's control over updates or at least upgrades is their most hated feature after windows 7 (n)

Latest posts

Back