Women do lie when they compliment? How often?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maybetrollingmaybenot

Reaction score
So around easter 2 weeks ago and this weekend I devoted some time for online dating apps and I'm more confused than ever lol :). Back in the day my results were beyond disastrous in the sense that I'd send tons of messages on Instagram (literally hundreds) and I was only getting blocks, cold replies and so on but this time was very different.

On instagram it took me 5 messages or so to get a reply from a very pretty younger girl (though i suspect it was a fake since it had ~10,000 followers which is cool but just 3 months old account?), in any case it resulted in a very long chat of hours which got horny lol and finally she told me I should visit her country asap (that is: South Korea) plus in her own words i am "handsome". Yet I may be overthinking but once I sent her more photos I noticed a "Temperature drop", she said she needs to go to bed so on after saying i'm handsome or so, but she must've have seen my other pics in the beginning: it's instagram after all.

Also: long story short I had the same experience with 3 other girls, basically telling me "you're sexy" and "you're handsome" on another dating app and then kind of acting less interested? I mean it's kind of obvious they must be just polite but personally I wouldn't do it. If I don't like a woman I'd chose my words more carefully , something like "You look great", "Great eyes", "sexy body" etc but not "You're very pretty, i gotta go, bye"? Why is that?

they're just looking for some w*****g material like on omegle, chatroulette etc

Last edited:
Wow idk, complimenting a man is against my rules, so I deffo do not engage in such behaviours. I think girls can be mean like that I have no idea why, like my friend would compliment me but not mean a word of it. Its easier to call a man and get a genuine opinion ✨

Wow idk, complimenting a man is against my rules, so I deffo do not engage in such behaviours.
Why not? If it's honestly given, a man welcomes a compliment as much as woman.
Though i've noticed women tend to compliment men when they hold more than a friendly interest. At least, that's how I saw it come across.

Why not? If it's honestly given, a man welcomes a compliment as much as woman.
Though i've noticed women tend to compliment men when they hold more than a friendly interest. At least, that's how I saw it come across.
If im being honest, its very easy for a man to say something that’ll put me off him after I compliment him, so I dont ever compliment them, unless I see them as a friend like you mentioned😇✨

I need a man who will remain stoic and complementing a man will quickly change that, they start telling me how no one ever compliments them, and constantly fish for more by putting themselves down or asking my opinion on things that a man shouldnt care about my opinion on and so on and so on.

If im being honest, its very easy for a man to say something that’ll put me off him after I compliment him, so I dont ever compliment them, unless I see them as a friend like you mentioned😇✨

I need a man who will remain stoic and complementing a man will quickly change that, they start telling me how no one ever compliments them, and constantly fish for more by putting themselves down or asking my opinion on things that a man shouldnt care about my opinion on and so on and so on.
Hmm. That's peculiar. I usually try to shoot it down. Or say thank you and walk away as quickly as I can (like I said, I oft feel like it's a way to get my interest back. It often isn't mutual).

I would never lie when paying a compliment to a man, that in my book is pointless.

If I don't feel there is a need to compliment then I won't.

I compliment people based on their talents and what they create, so if they paint or draw well, play an instrument or sing well etc that's what I will notice.
It's freely given with no strings attached, no expectations. I don't compliment people based on their looks, it's 2023, I am ******* tired and it's high time people learn to move past the superficial.

Also: long story short I had the same experience with 3 other girls, basically telling me "you're sexy" and "you're handsome" on another dating app and then kind of acting less interested? I mean it's kind of obvious they must be just polite but personally I wouldn't do it. If I don't like a woman I'd chose my words more carefully , something like "You look great", "Great eyes", "sexy body" etc but not "You're very pretty, i gotta go, bye"? Why is that?

It's hard to really say any type of compliment cause it can be taken wrong. When I was in my 20's, I used to get married women that wanted to date me. Annoyed the crap out of me. I then realized it was cause I am nice and would just give a compliment that was nothing flirtatious or anything but it was enough that they would think I liked them since they were married to someone that didn't compliment them.
I also hate getting compliments from women cause I always take it to mean way more than it actually is and can end up in very embarrassing situations.

I've learned to just never give compliments.

I have very pretty curly hairs, that I enjoy wearing long rather than short. I only ever gotten one compliment about them. just one. I was happy :)

I personnaly enjoy giving compliments, it's in my nature :)

Latest posts

Back