Word of the day!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Discombobulate -- to baffle, confuse or disconcert another.

Her actions continued to Discombobulate him, one minute she was laughing, the next she was crying in her beer.
Elflock
a lock of hair tangled by elves

elven hair magic is a thing apparently:LOL:
Please don’t say that the Fae are not real too. I can’t take the lies.

Defenestration is to toss an opponent out a window. I only know that because of a painting blah blah blah the rest is history

Doomscrolling

Doomscrolling or doomsurfing is the act of spending an excessive amount of time reading large quantities of negative news online. A 2019 NAS study found that doomscrolling can be linked to a decline in mental and physical health.

News to me. Does it count as negative though? 😉

Discombobulate -- to baffle, confuse or disconcert another.

Her actions continued to Discombobulate him, one minute she was laughing, the next she was crying in her beer.
I have always loved this word! I actually heard it a lot with pilots... they'd say they got discombobulated during a roll or something cool like that. :D :D

Juxtaposition: two things being seen or placed close together with contrasting effect.

Attachments

• stock-photo-1000499249.jpg
    stock-photo-1000499249.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 0

doppelganger​

1.a person who is almost identical to another
2.a ghostly double of a living person that haunts its living counterpart

microcosm​

1. a little world; a world in miniature (opposed to macrocosm).
2. anything that is regarded as a world in miniature.
3. human beings, humanity, society, or the like, viewed as an epitome or miniature of the world or universe.

archetype
1. the original pattern or model of which all things of the same type are representations or copies
2.a very typical example of a certain person or thing.
3.psychology: a primitive mental image inherited from the earliest human ancestors, and supposed to be present in the collective unconscious.

Latest posts

Back