work is killing me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphabet

Reaction score
6 times in the week I wake up at 7 to get ready for work, and go home at 6. When i'm finally home i'm too tired for social activities, or any sort of activity actually. I don't want my life to be a never ending pit of work. I don't enjoy it but i dont hate my work, the fact i just dont have any friends and come home to an empty house is really killing me. I tried joining a group on my spare day, but i realised how much i needed that free day to relax. So i left.

Sounds like you have to make some choices. Why do you do what you do? Why do you work so long and hard? What is your goal? Are your sacrifices worth your goals? What do you do on your free day, how do you relax, and why can't that be shared with others?

When you went to the group, did it hold your interest otherwise?
Is there any chance you could cut down on your hours so you can have more free time?
I did this actually, I spend less, and I luckily have less stress.

It was a puzzel club, very fun.

Sounds like you have to make some choices. Why do you do what you do? Why do you work so long and hard? What is your goal? Are your sacrifices worth your goals? What do you do on your free day, how do you relax, and why can't that be shared with others?
Back when I wrote this, I had a couple of very tough labor intensive jobs. Left home early and had no time for a degree. I did some courses though and got hired in an office. Less hours, more week ends.

My goal last year was to survive, now it is to go on vacation and maybe get a more comfortable home. I'll keep climbing the ladder, when there is a will, there is a way. I used to do chores and sleep on my free day, not very productive. Now I see some work friends, and work out. Maybe i'll join the club again, since I have reasonable hours now.

Thank you for taking interest.

Latest posts

Back