Would that I had more for you

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammael

Reaction score
I'm getting really sleepy, and I'm just going to post what I wrote for my profile just now - it's similar to most intros. Maybe I'll have of the gift of language in me tomorrow; it's used up today. Making this profile and posting this makes me likely to come back. And, until I can find appropriate social connections in person, I'll try this next.

"I have to keep personal information limited because of my quasi-government human services career, for now, at least.
I'm from New York State.
I've seen more of the world with $5 in my pocket than the tourists do with thousands.
I'm 36 years old; I never expected to live so long, or planned to, which is now problematic.
I have a history of SUD and behavioral health disorders, not fully resolved. In order: Anxiety, Depression, Alcoholism. I also take like 4 dependence-producing controlleds, which has never even registered on my list of problems.

Right now, I have no one. Almost no one. Some friends have been there when I needed them, but aren't around to spend time with me often. In the space of about 7 years, literally everyone I loved, and most of the ones I liked, died. Heroin killed 5 or 8. One committed suicide. One died in prison under circumstances never explained to me (my FOIA acts are still being shuffled years later), one from endocarditis, and that's just the friends. The parents were non-parents, and the grandparents died. Sister disappeared (like used paid services, hired a PI, kinda search).

Work saves me, even though it's only a few days a week. I like my clients a lot. I get to provide them with experiences they'd never have had otherwise, and I'm good at what I do. I have a niche, of sorts.

I don't like apps. I grew up on forums. Maybe I'll find a place here, but I won't get my hopes high "

Welcome to the site. I'm sorry for all the bad in your past and present. HOWEVER, I think it's awesome that:
Work saves me, even though it's only a few days a week. I like my clients a lot. I get to provide them with experiences they'd never have had otherwise, and I'm good at what I do. I have a niche, of sorts.
Good job for finding and DOING something that provides you something positive!!!!

I don't like apps. I grew up on forums. Maybe I'll find a place here, but I won't get my hopes high "
Same here. But, it's okay to get your hopes up. There aren't a ton of people on this site so you usually have to wait for the responses to come in. But, they are usually good when they do. You get out what you put in here.

Hi and welcome! It sounds like you have had a lot of excitement in your life. I'm sorry about your losses. It really makes life difficult.

So glad you chose to join forums and I hope you like it here.

Latest posts

Back