Would you ever be with someone even if you two are unable to have sex?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These were the husbands to my Barbies back in the day. I am inclined to stick with them. Especially the dude with the boxing gloves
OIP.b88n9UFcS9s7AWjDoiZSKwHaGb

Street Sharks! Oh man. I never had any but I did think they were cool. The '90s seemed full of these not-as-well-known, but still interesting and original ideas like this, who were their own thing and not part of an established franchise.

Who was the bad guy, though? I think all the sharks and whales were good.

Last edited:
Street Sharks! Oh man. I never had any but I did think they were cool. The '90s seemed full of these not-as-well-known, but still interesting and original ideas like this, who were their own thing and not part of an established franchise.

Who was the bad guy, though? I think all the sharks and whales were good.
I never actually watched the show. We just happened to acquire the toys when we purchased a large lot from a garage sale. I only found out it was a show, when I went seeking out the toys these last couple of years. I definitely would have watched it as a child!

How about a relationship with sex but no kissing and cuddling?
I could do that. I read that French kissing only really became popular in the 1920s.
Absolutely not. Just what's the point, it would be like living with an inflatable doll, who sometimes left the dishes dirty, and often hogged the bathroom.

How about a relationship with sex but no kissing and cuddling?
I could do that.

No bueno. I'm not a zero-to-100 kind of guy, where it's either nothing, or bam, clothes off. I like the idea of building up to it. And I like cuddling and kissing either as a building up activity, cooling down, or just in general.

People can signal their virtue but I doubt most would actually accept a relationship under those circumstances. There's something obnoxious about expecting one party to just forget they have an orientation, still remain faithful, and basically live out a life of celibacy as if it were some test of character.

Last edited:
I never actually watched the show. We just happened to acquire the toys when we purchased a large lot from a garage sale. I only found out it was a show, when I went seeking out the toys these last couple of years. I definitely would have watched it as a child!

That's a great way to get yourself an instant army.

And it's cool that you went looking for them again recently! I love seeing people reconnect with old favorites like that and not worrying about being "too old" to like that stuff again.

I would watch the show too, but I have to say, I wouldn't mind watching your version of the show either -
about the day-to-day adventures of human women married to shark-men. I think that concept has potential! 🦈

assuming relationships must have sex is pretty juvenile, imho. people dont' seek out relatioships just for sex, so it shouldn't be a make or break factor.

assuming relationships must have sex is pretty juvenile, imho. people dont' seek out relatioships just for sex, so it shouldn't be a make or break factor.
Not 'just for sex' (that would be a bad idea) but very few people under 50 would enter relationships if it weren't going to happen. Older people with lagging libidos will have a different perspective, but otherwise it's absurd to think that would be a common occurrence. We're a sexually reproducing species, if sexual desire weren't driving our interest on some level then people would be pairing up randomly regardless of attraction, gender or relative age.

Latest posts

Back