Would you have a Relationship with an AI?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah sorry I didn't see your post.

Let's face the truth AI's will be having relationships with each other and we'll all be on a forum bitching about how we can't get ( the right ) one.
Mine will have a separate direct camera just to me with a super long range remote control. I'll also have an auto return home feature that I will always be able to control. Ha! ha!

But, yeah......... We can't make female AI robots too smart or independant or we'll have all the same problems we are having now. We'll make them like how women used to be except dress them in real hot clothes. Ha! ha!

Did I just betray all of the women on ALL? Oh dear. I guess that's why I'm alone IRL. Ha! ha!

iu
Maybe we should add this emoji for me?

This all isn't very far off - robotics and AI, along with synthetic flesh, could easily make an AI date a reality soon...

Robots as a cure for loneliness?

The sex robot things creep me out.
For one thing, what if it malfunctions somehow?
I don't wanna be the guy laid up in a hospital gurney in the ER because a sex robot clamped my dick off, hard pass. 🙅‍♂️
😂

An otherwise relationship with an AI?
I mean, if you think about it, we kind of already do:
Don't you panic when you can't find your phone, or your computer has a problem to it?
It's not just the cost of it, it's also the attachment to the digital data of sentimental value that you have on it: i.e. pictures of loved ones, places you've been, etc.
Sure it isn't as animate, but that's a relationship. 🤷‍♂️
You clearly have an emotional bond to the device.

The movie, 'Her,' wasn't half bad; it explores this topic. I think we are a long, long, long way off from something like that being possible, beyond an extremely large amount of, 'fantasy,' on the part of the human in the relationship.

On another note, I think people tend to come at AI, in the wrong way. Even the term itself is problematic, 'artificial intelligence.' How can any, 'consciousness,' be, 'artificial.' I don't think it can. Consciousness is consciousness, and self awareness is self awareness.

The real questions, to me, are hard to even know. Just imagine your body was not flesh and blood, your arms were interchangeable. Imagine you could plug your brain into an ethernet jack and browse the web. Imagine you could read 50 books in 5 minutes. Imagine you could exist in the cold void of space, and not be killed. Imagine you could link your consciousness with other, 'robots,' (for lack of a better term), and create a super hive mind. Imagine you could wirelessly connect to remote cameras all around the world. Imagine you could wirelessly connect to another robots brain and see out of their eyes, feel their emotions, hear what they are hearing. Imagine you could download the experiences of other consciousnesses, and experience them, in full, in mere seconds...

I think because we are human, we tend to think of what is coming in human terms. So, I guess the idea of dating a robot, just seems like, not that interesting to ponder. I don't see a problem with it; but, I think by the time that becomes possible, things will be so different... By the time that becomes possible, brain to machine interfaces might be common place, and all kinds of radical frontiers might be available, if we make it...

The more I think about it, the more I don't really like the idea of all of it. The one thing, that does interest me, is the idea of a robot that can feel and have emotions. I think if we can create robots capable of loving us, because they are capable of knowing what it is to be loved, for having felt the feeling, having had the experience, then, I think we will have achieved something.

Perhaps some day, the true rebels, will be the robots who dare to love humans, or to fall in love with one of them. :/

My first thought was defentley no,but...
I've read a book, there was a story about a girl who fell in love with a guy and then find out he was a robot, a "twin" of his master(or creator). Can't remember what it was. And also there was a story by Robert Sheсkley The Robot Who Looked Like Me. Also about dating with AI.

So if the robots look like a person and copy their behavior, and the style of a speach - how can I know that it is not a human?
I think an evolution and our(human) affords should better go in a genetic engineering and bioengineering.

Ha! ha! Maybe that's why we get along so well. I would give nearly everything I have in exchange for a very realistic programmable mate. If she seemed too agreeable I would just change her ***** mode to a more aggressive setting. If I wanted to be alone I could just turn her off without being worried about hurting her feelings or pushing her away to some other guy. Plus she could take care of all the cooking, cleaning, and house work all while wearing full makeup and hair with a pleated mini-skirt and be happy about doing it all. It would be fantastic and I'm sure she would be the absolute love of my life.

I'm sure that realistic AI mates will eventually come to fruition. I've done a lot of research into them. However, we are a long, long ways away from succeeding at it. But, once they start coming off the assembly line real relationships will deminish and the populations in many places will crash. Then countries will outlaw them. But, there will be small bands of people, like me, hiding from the law, who truely love their AI mates and will never give them up.

See there is something to be positive about the future. Unfortunately I'll surely be dead long before realistic AI mates are available.
Lool Mr Finished! You cant just turn her off! Think of the reboot time! You'll have to pop her into rest mode, and my AI would never cheat, he'd be programmed to love me and only me... And also... think my older sister is no where near as good looking as I am... because... he understand our sibling rivalry for men is toxic. Ugh... what a man...

Screwing the toaster? I doubt I'd find it satisfying. Nothing can really replace the real thing. The devil is in the details, the small things, the spontaneity of someone else in a relationship. I doubt AI could ever attain the complexity of human emotion by design.
But, if it satisfies people and assuages feelings? Go for it.

Chery 2000 is playing on Netflix right now. I'd definately have left with the readhead too. THAT's a woman.

Only if it's human-like. If it's anything like in the movie "Her" i don't want that kind of operating system relationship. I get enough of Android and win11. And i think in the movie she "cheated" on the guy with millions of other users. He was very upset.

Latest posts

Back