Would you move if you could?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually no, I like where I am. I get people haven't always had a choice as to where they reside, especially when they were located there by their parents or similar circumstances. But I feel okay with it. I get 4 seasons, and probably other stuff.

I'm kind of happy with the location at the moment but I've always dreamt of somewhere colder and snowy, ideally in the proximity of the polar circles, either North or South, or just somewhere in among higher mountains.

I think I just love the change that snow brings to a landscape, and sharp and clear air.

Last edited:
Yes, yes I would. I've lived in this area my entire life and have always hated it. Tried to move several times, but couldn't quite convince my ex that we should. And since he left, it's kind of a lost cause now, unless I move back to where my ex's family lives. (No, that wouldn't be weird)

Are you happy living in your current location? If not, where would you want to live and why?
My goal is to move to Spain for better climate, lifestyle, etc.
I currently live in the UK and it isn't a great place to live anymore šŸ˜•
Do you mean move abroad? If so I definitely would if I could.. unfortunately my field of work doesn't give me much opportunity for that.

I know what you mean how it's not a great place to live. Times are hard at the moment, but I think most countries are in the same boat, although some simply manage it better.

Are you happy living in your current location? If not, where would you want to live and why?
My goal is to move to Spain for better climate, lifestyle, etc.
I currently live in the UK and it isn't a great place to live anymore šŸ˜•
Belgium, where I live, does not have the best climate.
However, things are changing.
Spain has many regions, some of them can get more than 50Ā°C (122Ā°F) in summer, which feels unbearable to me.
Also, wages are a lot lower there, so it is not all roses.
So maybe if I could live there, but somehow have a job contract here, that would be ideal.
Many pensioners move to Spain or Portugal, because then they get the Belgian pension, and can spend it over there.

Denver, Colorado seems nice. Crazy, but nice.
The whole East side of Colorado is lush and green, the whole West side of it is desert-y and dry, and you've got the river running through the state like a carving knife gash. Makes for crazy rapid weather changes but I'd honestly be cool with that because I love nature.

No. I love the area that I live in. Maybe not always this exact same area because it is so overpopulated now, but I love so many things about it like the wildlife and the weather and the lakes and the beach and the flowers year round and the beautiful bushes and the Palm trees, and birds year round, etc.

Yes, I would. No doubts.
I don't know where I'd like to move, I used to know before COVID, now I don't know. Almost anywhere for now for some reasons, I'd like not to mention details in a public, and it seems, that I will do it soon, at least for a while.

Besides the circumstances, I'd like to try something new and I always wanted to.
But if I could choose now.... Mars seems to be OK :)

šŸ¤” this is my nostigla talking: I'd like to live at my grandma's house before it got industralized. It was an isolated town where kids could walk down to the park or marina without fear.

The biggest worries were getting lost in the woods and stepping in fire ants.

Of the current time, I have places I'd like to visit like ireland, spain, and Hawaii. Not sure if want to move though.

I do not like where I current live. I want to be a full time nomad. If I end up somewhere I don't like I'll just move the next day.
I 110% agree. For several years I didn't technically have a home. I had all my honeysuckle in my car and I would just crash with different people. It drove my family crazy. Sometimes I would just take off and not tell a soul anything. That's one reason I was trying to convince my sister to buy me a camper. Unlike you I can't build myself something to live in on the road. Maybe one of those little pop up sleeper things would work.

Yes, yes I would. I've lived in this area my entire life and have always hated it. Tried to move several times, but couldn't quite convince my ex that we should. And since he left, it's kind of a lost cause now, unless I move back to where my ex's family lives. (No, that wouldn't be weird)
Move to Canada. It's cheaper than the uS and the people are rather more syrupee. šŸ˜ˆ

I used to love to travel. Was a time I was same as Claudia. Gone without notice. I could go somewhere and take a job for a few weeks or months and go again.

I never perfected the process and was usually short of cash.

I used to want to buy derelict houses and restore them. If I lived in one for two years while I fix it up I didn't owe income tax after the sale. This last house has nearly worn me down. Work is harder and takes longer now.

My pipe dream is to build a fantasy cob house village in the Smokies and rent to tourists by the night or week. A corner cob store at the entrence beside the little cob rental office. Mini golf course. Trails through the woods. Community fire pit. Hopefully a place that would encourage guests to mingle. Maybe the odd sports court, croquet, bocci ball...

Examples of cob houses:

cob2.jpg
cob-house-england1.jpg
cob1-b19062-1024x682.png

Latest posts

Back