Would you move if you could?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to love to travel. Was a time I was same as Claudia. Gone without notice. I could go somewhere and take a job for a few weeks or months and go again.

I never perfected the process and was usually short of cash.

I used to want to buy derelict houses and restore them. If I lived in one for two years while I fix it up I didn't owe income tax after the sale. This last house has nearly worn me down. Work is harder and takes longer now.

My pipe dream is to build a fantasy cob house village in the Smokies and rent to tourists by the night or week. A corner cob store at the entrence beside the little cob rental office. Mini golf course. Trails through the woods. Community fire pit. Hopefully a place that would encourage guests to mingle. Maybe the odd sports court, croquet, bocci ball...

Examples of cob houses:

cob2.jpg
cob-house-england1.jpg
cob1-b19062-1024x682.png
I love it in the Smokies. That's a really awesome idea. I want a hobbit hut. About 5 years ago I found these pre fabricated ones that you just bury in the side of a hill. I just don't want to do that around here. Once my son seems like he is going to be ok on his own hopefully my adventures will begin again.

Latest posts

Back