would you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188685

sunflower lover
Reaction score
If you could have anyone else's life,rather than your own would you want to live and have someone else's life?

Somehow I just never thought that way. Never wanted to be someone else so I guess I never wanted to have their life. Though there are are a lot of aspects that I wouldn't mind adopting.

I wouldn't. It's not about WHO you are, it's about how you choose to deal with things that happen. And regardless of how you have lived thus far in your life, you can always change how you deal with things.

I wouldn't. It's not about WHO you are, it's about how you choose to deal with things that happen. And regardless of how you have lived thus far in your life, you can always change how you deal with things.
This ^^^ I totally agree.

The answer would be 'no' for me too. We often look at other people and imagine their lives as so much better than our own, but the truth is we all have struggles in one way or another. I'd keep my own life and make different decisions.

No but I always wish I could go back and do it over again. with the knowledge I have now and the strength I’ve gained over the years if I could go back and teach my younger self the best way of handling life. I would do so many things differently I wouldn’t be so afraid of everything. I don’t think that I would want to switch lives with anyone else because you never know what’s going on in their world. But I’d like to be a better version of myself.

My life has been an absolute disaster and I still wouldn't switch with anyone. It is what it is and I am who I am... and for better or worse, I'm sticking with it.

Yes, I don't like my life very much. There have been a few bright spots over the years, but there's been a lot of frustration and despair too.

The main thing is, I feel like I wasn't dealt enough of anything, to be able to make much of a life for myself, and therefore I'm stuck in misery. I hate the way my life is, I've always wanted to escape. But I'm afraid I can't. That's been the story of my whole life, basically. I don't want to just "accept" this lousy life being as good as it's going to get for me, because it sucks. If I knew it was never going to get better, I'd just give up on life and drink, and maybe exercise enough to keep the fat off, if I feel like there's even a point, and that would be my life, and I'd hate it. But I'm afraid I don't have enough potential/natural ability, or raw intelligence and imagination and vision, to do anything or come up with anything that would allow me to create a better life for myself.

If I could be anyone? I'd want to be someone with enough potential to actually succeed, to actually get somewhere at something. I'd want to be someone physically strong, intelligent, creative/imaginative, and attractive. I want to be someone who can come up with interesting, high-quality ideas, and actually get good enough at something to do something cool with my own life, and to get someone that I'm interested in, interested in me.

Last edited:
@TheSkaFish first of all I understand low self esteem because I suffer from it, but I don't believe all the things you say about yourself, i think you can be that type of person and have what you want. The hardest part for me has always be believing in myself. I'm sure I'm way older then you, I'm 58, but despite my problems believing in myself I manage to have a good career in the IT business. I've found something I was good at and I worked hard to find success. And you can do the same thing, I feel like if I can do it anybody can. I wish you all the luck and success in the world.

Would I want to be someone else if I could, yes and no. I would like to be one of those people that everybody likes, and everybody treats well because they just like having them around. I wouldn't want to be a movie star or anybody famous, that would never work for me. I would also want to have my same family even though lots of times I feel like they also could care less about me. I know my mother loves me, even though I felt like she wished lots of times I was a different person, a more popular person perhaps. Not just an empty loner. However I'd say she's my best and pretty much only friend. She's 82 years old but she's still in good health and she has lots of friends, and has a way more active life then I do. They're always going places and doing things together, I've never had that.

Hell yes I would!!!!! But, not just anybody else's life will do.

Hugh Hefner as long as I could go back in time. Otherwise I would be dead now. He lived to be 91. Not bad.

iu

in professional life I would like either the life of a university professor or of a rich software programmer
accordingly in love life I would like to have either only one life long relationship or to be a total player all my life

I used to think having a different life would have suited me as I've been dealt a lot of questions and doubt of my integrity my entire life, constantly. Wearing a different face felt like a potential escape. Gift and a curse at the same time.

Nowadays, I don't feel like your current life is ever your last. So, to want another now instead of how it's intended seems redundant. You will get the life you always wanted some way or another if your soul truly wanted or wants it. In one incarnation or another.

I would choose the life of my favorite writers or musicians.
In addition to having their money, I'd like to have their skills, mind, and thoughts.
It would be nice having the kinds of ideas, that became the things I like - the kinds of ideas that give you energy.

There is a book, Midnight Library, about other lifes.
I don't want someone's life, as far as I am me, it won't help. I 'd like to be someone else.

Latest posts

Back