WTF??????

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris 2

Reaction score
These past few days, I been talking to my mom more than I ever talk to her in my life. She shock me quite a bit, but today blew the roof off of me.

All my life my mom has told me to never do drugs, and don't drink a lot. My dad told me he never ever touch a cigarette, even though he was in the army.

The media have shown "something, my anti-drug". My mom a hardcore catholic and always warn me about drug. Today, everything I thought I knew about my mom philosophy went haywire. My mom actually told me that smoking is OK, and there nothing wrong with it. We just talk about getting drunk and I was talking about something as small as weed. I thought for sure she would scream at me if I mention the word "weed", but she said it was perfectly fine. Then she told me that my dad use to smoke a little to take off some of his depression, and she told me when she was dating him, he drank a lot more than he does now, which is rarely. Then she goes on and tell me that smoking cigarette even if it get me addicted, is perfectly find. She told me "whatever people at my school are doing, she is fine with it". What she fail to told me was don't do ILLEGAL drug, but cigarette is perfectly fine. Geesh talk about a misunderstanding.

I'm not saying I will smoke, but the freedom is finally there now, no more feeling guilty. Just my mom word, make me feel I now made small decision, and be like everyone else.

NOW here the hard part. If I knew this sooner, I wouldn't be alone at school. For one, most of the people on my floor smoke weed and are heavy binge drinker, and that why I avoid them, because I'm such a good kid that I guess I was afraid of my dad you know. I mean being able to try weed for the first time, there is no easier place to make friend, and I always used to think that people who smoke weed or are drunk are bad people. It just been a weird 4 days for me, as I could never imagine my mom to tell me that smoking is OK, just don't do any drug that are illegal.

I think I am still in SHOCK!

:0 If my mom told me that I would be in so much shock I would die!

Knightsofwar210 said:
:0 If my mom told me that I would be in so much shock I would die!

I guess my mom is pretty cool after all. Hey if my mom say it perfectly natural, maybe you should talk to your mom Knight, you might be surprise. Well all I know is I'm still shock, probably will take me 24 hours to get back to my own self.

You would be surprised what your parents have done before you came into the picture. I don't know many parents that can honestly say they haven't tried weed, especially back in the day. If you just come out to your parents and say youve tried weed, i dont think many parents would care to much, unless your still a kid.

My m'um tried a bit of weed at a work do once, she was just curious and wanted to know what the buzz was all about.

I've tried pot but don't see anything it it, yeah you get stoned but it's not for me and I just end up paranoid anyway.

As for smoking cigarettes, I counted the other night and I've been smoking ever since I was 15, I enjoy it at times but mainly smoke now because I'm dead bored and have nothing else to do.

I personally think drugs, alcohol, and cigarettes are a disgusting waste of life. All they do is screw you up and waste your money. The only purpose for cigarettes is to kill you. They don't do much else for you. Alcohol tastes pretty nasty. There are better things you could drink out there that won't get you drunk. All of the other drugs just mess up your brain and how you feel and perceive things. I am a straight edge if you didn't figure that out yet.

Qui said:
straight edge ftw.

I agree. Almost.

I am currently on a path to ditch cigs. I don't drink much or do drugs (I used to, LOTS of times) and both of my parents have never ever touched anything. You might not believe me but my mother had an alcoholic father and my father has lived in an Arab country for 80% of his life(BECAUSE HE IS AN ARAB). This combination has made me realize that people in this world do not need to indulge in drugs, alcohol, or sex to make them feel that they have achieved in something.

With that I have realized that you do not have to fill your life up with garbage just to forget about how crappy your life is for a few minutes.

It will make your mind so much stronger staying sober and witnessing how SO many people out there fill their empty lives up every weekend (or everyday) since they know they won't ever have their real dreams come true or they just hate themselves.

Just feel sorry for your parents. I hope you are strong enough to not fall into the same lame trap that everyone falls into like your parents have.

Chris, that sounds cool.

But weed isn't that cool. Nothing special about it except acting like an idiot.

Your poor mother is probably agreeing to whatever to just make you feel better. But she doesn't really think that weed is perfectly fine and I'm sure it would break her heart to see you you high.

Incognita said:
Chris, that sounds cool.

But weed isn't that cool. Nothing special about it except acting like an idiot.

Your poor mother is probably agreeing to whatever to just make you feel better. But she doesn't really think that weed is perfectly fine and I'm sure it would break her heart to see you you high.

No actually she is encouraging it, and she is gonna force my dad to smoke for other health issue. Basically I can do whatever other college student are doing. She never smoke in her entire life but my dad has try smoking before even though he lie straight to my face that he never touch those stuff.

Any drug is OK unless it illegal, and that according to my mom.

Since when is weed legal?

I think the only legal drugs u can get are over the counter. What ever u bought on the street was illegal the last time a checked...

Latest posts

Back