You’re single because you’re ugly

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@mgill
I’ve seen a bunch of your posts now, in various threads. I know your pain. I recognise it with unpleasant familiarity, and I recognise also the path you’re on and the emotions you’re going through.

Lets assume for the sake of argument that you are indeed short, bald, and objectively ugly. Do those things matter? Yes, they do. Of course they do. You know it. Everyone knows it. And you want everyone to admit it. You want everyone to admit that most of what you’ve been told about love and relationships was a lie. But that won’t happen, and even if it did, would it really help? It would validate your pain, sure, but it wouldn’t change anything. Your pain is real; you know that. It doesn’t need validation. It’s right there, as real as the screen you’re reading this on. The resentment of being given false hope, of being rejected when you honestly thought you had something of value to offer. The pain of facing the reality that you’ll never be valued the way you wanted to be valued. It stings. And the lies and the false hope are like salt in that wound. But removing the salt won’t remove the wound. And neither will rubbing more salt in it.

You need to find a different path forward. I don’t know what it is; that’s for you to figure out. I suspect it will start by accepting that things just aren’t the way you hoped they would be, without needing anyone to validate that.

Hmm. Well, I'd rather flatter my own ego by lying to myself.
I'm single because everyone else is ugly but me.
😇

We used tomhave an old thread ressurecter around here, it's okay. Regardless, many men still feel that way and probably will for a long time, so it's not like it's not a current topic.

We used tomhave an old thread ressurecter around here, it's okay. Regardless, many men still feel that way and probably will for a long time, so it's not like it's not a current topic.
It’s a growing problem. Wish I could live long enough to see what society will do when the incels reach critical mass. Then again, maybe it’s a blessing that I won’t!

written by a women about women and likely as satire but sadly it is an uncomfortable truth about unattractive men in real life-only for us it also applies by replacing ugly with short.

https://www.dailyuw.com/wellness/article_645a8ff2-7540-11e9-afb5-9395aad3e558.html
Ha! Ha! Ha!

My whole life "uglyness" was: being poor, stingy, short, dislikeable, etc., etc.
Nowadays it could be wearing a white beard, remaining poor, too mean to give a woman a long pleasure the place she sleeps (I´m aware kids would read...)

Ppl are the things they´ve believed THEY are.

Latest posts

Back