You’re single because you’re ugly

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mgill said:
this is but one of many examples and a quick google search will provide many others. the book i recommeded has references to many studies, all of which show the same result. you can also look at cases like Jeremy Meeks, Ted Bundy and Richard Rameriez to see how much physical appearence can make.

I'm not sure mentioning two serial killers is good for any point to be made.

VanillaCreme said:
mgill said:
this is but one of many examples and a quick google search will provide many others. the book i recommeded has references to many studies, all of which show the same result. you can also look at cases like Jeremy Meeks, Ted Bundy and Richard Rameriez to see how much physical appearence can make.

the point is that because they were physically attractive they had hordes of women lusting after them despite the fact that they were violent psycho killers.

ardour said:
what a pointless argument/thread.

kind of like the life of ugly males.

I think what is being touched on here is also the phenomenon of hybristophilia and that's about men that are already convicted and in prison receiving everything from fan mail to marriage proposals. While their victims or their families might have been fooled before for all sorts of reasons, this is specifically about the attention they receive from random women after they are already known for their heinous crimes. Furthermore, it needs to be questioned how much attention they got *because* of their crimes.

I cannot say whether this is specifically linked to their physical appearance though. For that we'd have to look into more cases and also get average and "ugly" serial killers for comparison and the amount of attention they got after their conviction. I just know that Charles Manson and Jeffrey Dahmer also got their share of fan mail and Dahmer specifically looks more average to me.

mgill said:
VanillaCreme said:
mgill said:

the point is that because they were physically attractive they had hordes of women lusting after them despite the fact that they were violent psycho killers.

ardour said:

I get what you're saying. Personally, they weren't attractive to me. Bundy was a conventionally attractive guy, but Ramirez was halfway caught because of his teeth.

TheRealCallie said:
Even their family and friends didn't know they were ******* serial killers.  It had nothing to do with their ******* looks, it had everything to do with the ability to hide their true nature.  Get a clue, dude.

you are once again in denial of the supreme power of male physical attractiveness over women as the actual facts prove otherwise.

"The Los Angeles Times reported Ramirez had “apparent fans” at his 1989 sentencing hearing, including a woman wearing “skin-tight black spandex jumpsuit’ who “smiled and waved” at the killer. And, as the docuseries shows, he'd smile and wave back to his fans in the courtroom.

"In all my years of covering trials in Los Angeles, I never saw a defendant with more sex appeal than Richard Ramirez," Tony Valdez, a KTTV reporter said in the docuseries.

The phenomenon is nothing new.

Bundy received fan mail, including naked photos and marriage proposals, from women all over the world. Multiple women even showed up at the courthouse during Bundy's trial in the same manner that groupies show up for concerts. Several were dressed like his victims."

https://www.oxygen.com/true-crime-buzz/why-did-serial-killer-richard-ramirez-attract-fangirls

Rodent said:
I think what is being touched on here is also the phenomenon of hybristophilia and that's about men that are already convicted and in prison receiving everything from fan mail to marriage proposals. While their victims or their families might have been fooled before for all sorts of reasons, this is specifically about the attention they receive from random women after they are already known for their heinous crimes. Furthermore, it needs to be questioned how much attention they got *because* of their crimes.

I cannot say whether this is specifically linked to their physical appearance though. For that we'd have to look into more cases and also get average and "ugly" serial killers for comparison and the amount of attention they got after their conviction. I just know that Charles Manson and Jeffrey Dahmer also got their share of fan mail and Dahmer specifically looks more average to me.

i think that this is true for a percentage of women attracted to serial killers but the fact that the very good looking men have such a large amount of groupies compared to average or below average looking one's says volumes. for example,  i don't recall ever seeing anything about JWG having groupies while a violent, gang member felon like Jeremy Meeks is now a multi millionaire model based only on a single mugshot.

VanillaCreme said:
mgill said:
VanillaCreme said:
mgill said:

ardour said:

I get what you're saying. Personally, they weren't attractive to me. Bundy was a conventionally attractive guy, but Ramirez was halfway caught because of his teeth.

i have not seen it but the new Netflix documentary about him addresses these in part-the same with the one on Bundy.

And you are clearly in denial about the fact that sometimes people are just psychotic and want their 15 minutes of fame....They don't ******* care what the **** serial killers look like. They were in jail...forever, never getting out, going to be dead. It has nothing to do with looks.

mgill said:
i think that this is true for a percentage of women attracted to serial killers but the fact that the very good looking men have such a large amount of groupies compared to average or below average looking one's says volumes. for example,  i don't recall ever seeing anything about JWG having groupies while a violent, gang member felon like Jeremy Meeks is now a multi millionaire model based only on a single mugshot.

I don't think the case is as clear cut and it's not easy to find data that establishes a proper link between this phenomenon and looks. Let's be clear: Meeks was not a serial killer, in fact he "only" assaulted a 16-year-old when he was 18 himself which would not put him in the same category. The fact that his looks gave him access to a model career despite being a criminal is undisputed to me. Still, he's in a completely different league. These are stories from two different times as well.

Another point: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ef-Fritzl-receives-hundreds-love-letters.html

mgill said:
i have not seen it but the new Netflix documentary about him addresses these in part-the same with the one on Bundy.

I've not watched it either. I think you may be ignoring the extreme circumstances surrounding each of these men to try and make your point, though.

VanillaCreme said:
mgill said:

I've not watched it either. I think you may be ignoring the extreme circumstances surrounding each of these men to try and make your point, though.

He seems to ignore a lot in order to make his points.

ardour said:
TheRealCallie said:
Like it or not, people like that get notoriety and some people want to have that by association.  It's not about looks.

Hybristophilia

I know, I just didn't want to look up how to spell it. lol

I would be extremely interested in seeing what both you and mgill look like because I don't believe you are as ugly as you think you are.

VanillaCreme said:
mgill said:

i think what you suggest is true to a certain extent but if this were the only factor then it would apply at the same level to all serial killers.  the one's who have a plethora of female groupies are always well above average looking- scott peterson & chris watts are much more recent examples of this.

mgill said:
VanillaCreme said:
mgill said:

i think what you suggest is true to a certain extent but if this were the only factor then it would apply at the same level to all serial killers.  the one's who have a plethora of female groupies are always well above average looking- scott peterson & chris watts are much more recent examples of this.

They killed their own families, including young and/or unborn children.  That's different.

TheRealCallie said:
ardour said:
TheRealCallie said:
Like it or not, people like that get notoriety and some people want to have that by association.  It's not about looks.

Hybristophilia

I know, I just didn't want to look up how to spell it. lol

I would be extremely interested in seeing what both you and mgill look like because I don't believe you are as ugly as you think you are.
the countless women whom i have asked out over the years- all of whom soundly rejected me- would not agree with your theory, lol. it's not about personality or attitude either because around half friendzoned me-i.e. they enjoyed my company but were not physcially attracted to me.  many of them entered into a relationship with someone else not long after they turned me down so it was not just a matter of not wanting to date anyone either.

TheRealCallie said:
mgill said:
VanillaCreme said:
mgill said:

They killed their own families, including young and/or unborn children.  That's different.

i'm not sure what you are saying here.  both peterson & watts had and still have a load of female admirers & groupies.

TheRealCallie said:
I would be friends with someone who has a bad attitude long before I would date them

it has never been suggested by any of the friends i have that i have a bad attitude.  my negativity is focused on my failure with women due to my looks & height and this rarely if ever comes up in my platonic relationships.  also, the so called "bad attitude" is due to this failure & rejection rather than being the cause of it.

Maybe that they aren't serial killers? And again, NOT because of looks.....Not sure what you aren't getting about that.

And your friends likely wouldn't say anything about it because they aren't dating you so it's not their problem. I bet they have noticed it. And yes, I am well aware what you believe your problem is....

Latest posts

Back