Your Favorite Cheesy Movies From The 80's

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuff4096

Reaction score
I recently saw The Wizard, a movie from 1989 about a boy who is traumatized by the death of his twin sister and has a hidden talent at playing video games. The movie was pretty cheesy and arguable a 100 minute commercial for Nintendo, but it had a rather interesting cast: Fred Savage from The Wonder Years, Jenny Lewis vocalist for Rilo Kiley, and Christian Slater

Anyhow, after watching that it made me wonder what other cheesy movies from the 80's did people enjoy

THE DENTIST!!!
1996. Corbin Bernsen and Linda Hoffman. And some other people I don't remember.
Basically, this creepy dentist guy loses his ish when he sees his wife cheating on him which leads him to sadistically torture all of his patients with dental machinery.

My top favourite cheesy movies are.
American Pie
Attack of the Clones
Austin Powers 1
Beavis & Butthead Do America
Blues Brothers

makedavine said:
My top favourite cheesy movies are.
American Pie
Attack of the Clones
Austin Powers 1
Beavis & Butthead Do America
Blues Brothers

...toasted...

St. ELmo's Fire
16 Candles
Breakfast Club
Oxford Blues
Maximum Overdrive

Let's not forget silly B-movies like Ghoulies and Critters. :p

Naleena said:
Highlander!!! OMG! Men in kilts waving swords! **swoons**

Ah was that 80s, yeah i will go with that one.

Ramirez-vs-The-Kurgan-highlander-10305900-120-85.jpg

My favorite cheesy 80s movie is Howard the Duck, Valley Girl and The Wraith. I can still watch these endlessly but I don't really think theyre that cheesy. lol

I recently saw The Wizard, a movie from 1989 about a boy who is traumatized by the death of his twin sister and has a hidden talent at playing video games. The movie was pretty cheesy and arguable a 100 minute commercial for Nintendo, but it had a rather interesting cast: Fred Savage from The Wonder Years, Jenny Lewis vocalist for Rilo Kiley, and Christian Slater

Anyhow, after watching that it made me wonder what other cheesy movies from the 80's did people enjoy
Rain Man

Hard for me to pick.

I love a lot of 80s movies...particularly love the " teen "movies of the era / John Hughes flicks.
Some favorites:

Some kind of wonderful
Pretty in pink
Can't buy me love

- those are 3 I have seen 775897533677x over and don't really tire of

Flash Gordon
Ha! Long live Flash! I am a major fan of that movie - loved it since I was 10 years old. I even own the Funko Pop! Flash Gordon figures, the original 1980 soundtrack album by Queen (complete with wicked Ming the Merciless photo), several different versions of the movie and the Life After Flash documentary DVD that came out a few years back. It's probably the only movie where I could recite the dialogue off by heart.

You have great taste, Finished! ⚡

Flash Gordon
Ha! Long live Flash! I am a major fan of that movie - loved it since I was 10 years old. I even own the Funko Pop! Flash Gordon figures, the original 1980 soundtrack album by Queen (complete with wicked Ming the Merciless photo), several different versions of the movie and the Life After Flash documentary DVD that came out a few years back. It's probably the only movie where I could recite the dialogue off by heart.

You have great taste, Finished! ⚡
I bloody adore this film.

Flash, Flash, I love you, but we only have fourteen hours to save the Earth!” ⚡ 💥 🚀

Latest posts

Back