Your Heritage

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny, I spent my whole childhood being told how I didn't fit in, and how my bio family are from poverty and blah blah... to the point that I hesitate in telling people when the inevitable question comes up... "So, where are you really from?". People judge so harshly when you are different that all I wanted to do was be the same...
For me, I always felt different from guys my age.
I did not feel physically strong, I did not feel like a macho, didn't want to talk about cars or football teams (I don't watch sports) the whole time.
Although I felt some pride in being different, sometimes I wanted to be like everyone else, because I did not feel really accepted.
Isn't that a bit how you feel?
That you don't mind looking a bit different, as long as people accept you as you are, and this wish to be like everyone else in reality is just a wish to be accepted?

It's funny, I spent my whole childhood being told how I didn't fit in, and how my bio family are from poverty and blah blah... to the point that I hesitate in telling people when the inevitable question comes up... "So, where are you really from?". People judge so harshly when you are different that all I wanted to do was be the same...
I don't know if its ok to use this comparison but I never fit in with my family. They are all dark skin, black hair and dark or green eyes. Then me red hair, blue/grey eyes, so fair I glow almost. By 12, I was pretty much ok who gives a honeysuckle that I dont look like them and my one sister used to terrorize me and tell me I didn't belong. I guess it just depends on the individual and the situation.

2 thirds Celtic Briton 1 third Punjabi Indian and 100% Cockney Rebel 🎸
I am Jamaican and Brazilian 🙃 slowly learning to be less ashamed of that…
Nothing to be ashamed of there Princess, we Brits are a very diverse bunch and you, my gal, are all English Rose :)

I am truly a Heinz 57. My ancestors were from England and northwestern Europe, Ireland, Norway, Scotland, Wales, Sweden, Denmark, and Germany.

My DNA test couldn't find any French, but I had several ancestors who lived inside the French border. Several of my European ancestors came to the United States via the Ukraine in Russia. No Russian ancestry though either.

I am truly a Heinz 57. My ancestors were from England and northwestern Europe, Ireland, Norway, Scotland, Wales, Sweden, Denmark, and Germany.

My DNA test couldn't find any French, but I had several ancestors who lived inside the French border. Several of my European ancestors came to the United States via the Ukraine in Russia. No Russian ancestry though either.
Heinz 57, thats funny. When I lived in Chicago someone said that about me.

So, if I was to date you and did something wrong, would your five or so Italian brothers kick my ass? Ha! Ha!

A loud crescendo of multiple V8s shatters the stillness of your afternoon...

...either your block just so happens to be hosting a meeting of your local 3rd generation Camaro club, or a serious beatdown is headed your way...

Last edited:
I’m an Aussie, born in (West) Germany, to Croatian parents. Of all the countries I’ve travelled to though, I felt a kindred spirit when I was in Scotland for some reason. I’ve been in Australia for 53 years, and am comfortable here, but never really felt I belonged here.

Latest posts

Back