Your parents backward opinions?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there's racism everywhere, it may be more prevalent in the Southern part of the US, but it's not like here in Europe there's no racism.
Also, I was bullied a lot as a child, and I 'm white with blue eyes, I don't look anything foreign, and as a child I was rather skinny.
You just have to remember that if they want to bully someone they'll pick on some physical trait, and they will always find something to pick on.
The idea that if everyone were white then there would be no bullying is wrong.
This is all about exerting power over others, and they will most likely go for an easy target, some kid that doesn't defend himself physically, whatever.
I've also seen racism that is geared towards white people coming from black people, or towards Asians coming from black people, so it is not as simple as saying that racism originates from white people and that having a black skin makes you immune to that.
I think racism stems from evolution, that anything or anyone that was not the same as the group of people (tribe) people belonged to was seen as a possible threat.
It did have its function at the time, but as a society we should learn to get past this instinct.

So familiar I found this triggering to read, I remember just wanting to fit in soo much at school, to the point I would have taken a literal pill to be like everyone else. Most people do not understand my weird dynamic, I am adopted, so I just fit in no where, not at home and not at school.

I was bullied and excluded so harsh that I dont even know if I like "white men" for good reasons or just due to the torture I faced. Eh... still face in some circumstances. It's like I just want to be happy and forget all that time, but its a lot of baggage.
I understand being different but as far as my nephew he actually fit in better than my son, a red head, which is one of those things that “normal” kids tend to pick on.
All “white men” didn’t bully you so it would be silly to not like all of them because of the ones that did.
The sad thing is that people I think expect people to choose this or that and it’s just not that easy.
I tell my son that I don’t care who he chooses to spend his time with or his affections in any race, gender, identification whatever as long as he doesn’t set out to hurt anyone and not to let anyone try to control him or his feelings.
If your mother loves you unconditionally and I’m sure she does, whatever you choose as long as it isn’t the man who hit you I’m sure she will eventually come around.

I understand being different but as far as my nephew he actually fit in better than my son, a red head, which is one of those things that “normal” kids tend to pick on.
All “white men” didn’t bully you so it would be silly to not like all of them because of the ones that did.
The sad thing is that people I think expect people to choose this or that and it’s just not that easy.
I tell my son that I don’t care who he chooses to spend his time with or his affections in any race, gender, identification whatever as long as he doesn’t set out to hurt anyone and not to let anyone try to control him or his feelings.
If your mother loves you unconditionally and I’m sure she does, whatever you choose as long as it isn’t the man who hit you I’m sure she will eventually come around.
I had a friend with red hair in high school. I didn't know I was supposed to pick on him. ****! I missed out!!!

I had a friend with red hair in high school. I didn't know I was supposed to pick on him. ****! I missed out!!!
I just remembered that my best friend in the military had red hair. OMG! Do I have some kind of red hair fetish that I'm unaware of. Is this the thing that has messed up my entire life? Ha! ha!

Hey guys, quick question, if you really liked someone but your parents want you to be with someone who was the same nationality or race as yourself...
Would you give up the chance of that romance, if you knew being with that person would cause disappointment or would you stand true in love?
I'm an adult, yet I still feel so trapped in who I am, and who I am meant to be, would you pick love over your parents happiness?
My wife and I dealt with this same problem. Her family did not want her with a non white person. Anyways before we got married I said if life goes well your parents will die before her. Pleasing them at the expense of happiness (different now) she is stuck with the rest of her life with is just silly. She did not lose her family and the most important people I get along well with so yeah. If he treats you well, you like him as he is, and he makes you feel safe when you are together then forget what anyone else thinks.

Latest posts

Back