Your Top 5 Super Nintendo Games

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gonna break the rules slightly and go for top 5 of each genre :D

Beat 'Em Up/Side Scrolling Fighters

Super Street Fighter II - The New Challengers
Final Fight 3
Super Double Dragon
Killer Instinct
Battletoads in Battlemaniacs

Platformers

Super Mario World 2 - Yoshi's Island
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Diddy's Kong Quest
The Lost Vikings 2
Earthworm Jim 2
ActRaiser 2

Puzzle

Wario's Woods
Super Bomberman 2
Kirby's Dream Course
Tetris & Dr. Mario
Super Tetris 2

Racing

Super Mario Kart
Rock N' Roll Racing
Uniracers
Top Gear 3000
F-ZERO

RPG

Terranigma
Breath of Fire II
Seiken Densetsu 3
Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past
Secret of Evermore

Shoot 'Em Up

Contra III - The Alien Wars
Super Smash T.V.
Parodius - Non-Sense Fantasy
Pocky & Rocky
Axelay

The RPG's in particular were tough, I dare say I never cared too much for the early Final Fantasy series or Earthbound though Shadowrun, Super Mario RPG, Treasure Hunter G, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Soul Blazer and Lufia II missed by a hair. E.V.O. Search for Eden, Illusion of Gaia and Dragon Quest VI are probably worth mentioning too.

/here's to a misspent youth

What is perhaps most awkward here is that Super Metroid has only been named in this thread ONCE :O

HOW COULD YOU ?

'cause I followed the rules and picked my top 5, I didn't have room for it. Though it is a top contender.

I completely forgot about it

as fun as it was back in the day i'm of the opinion Metroid Prime has made it somewhat redundant though ;)

Haz said:
I completely forgot about it

as fun as it was back in the day i'm of the opinion Metroid Prime has made it somewhat redundant though ;)
Hehe, the Prime games are all really awesome, but in my opinion, the atmosphere of Super Metroid has not yet been matched... It was creepy as fresia, and it's a videogame that conveys "desolation" incredibly well.

I honestly feel Prime captured that exact same feeling in it's transition to 3D, and Echoes amplified it x10 with the Light Aether/Dark Aether thing. I felt a constantly horrifying sense of dread exploring that map looking for the sky temple keys.

I watched a speedrun of Super Metroid a while back, it's not quite the same as immersing yourself in the game granted but enough to give me a kick of nostalgia. I really don't think I could go back and replay it after the Prime series, as much as I enjoyed it back in the day. Tedious backtracking in 3D trumps 2D.

Latest posts

Back