Yours truly is going to cook!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CenotaphGirl

Under the dirt, that’s my home ⚰️
Reaction score
So i'm going to cook a "romantic dinner" a 3 course meal,
Yikes, i'm sooo happy I put off getting my nails done.

Would you eat this? Sound yummy or not really?

Starters
Crispy Duck with Hoisin Sauce

Mains

Lamb Shank in a mint gravy, roast potatoes, string beans and carrots.

Desserts

Mixed Berry Pie... Cant work out if I should serve it with ice cream or custard lol.

^ You had me at cook.

I've never eating anything fancy so I can't really give you any good input. But, I think it's AWESOME that you are doing it. I hope to turns out well. ;)

^ You had me at cook.

I've never eating anything fancy so I can't really give you any good input. But, I think it's AWESOME that you are doing it. I hope to turns out well. ;)
Finished! You think this is fancy... that's so sweet, this is me being informal 😅

Question, what would you prefer with your dessert, custard or ice cream, I can't think what goes better?

Someone who is going to cook for me? And presumably eat with me.
Yep, you had me at cook and ... share the meal.
I would eat porridge if someone made it for me and ate with me.
and I would be HAPPY.

Someone who is going to cook for me? And presumably eat with me.
Yep, you had me at cook and ... share the meal.
I would eat porridge if someone made it for me and ate with me.
and I would be HAPPY.
Thats so cute omg, I feel like I'm going to put my heart into this meal... I think the menu is complex and timing will be a challenge but... I think it shows effort... Idk.

Finished! You think this is fancy... that's so sweet, this is me being informal 😅

Question, what would you prefer with your dessert, custard or ice cream, I can't think what goes better?
I've always eating basic food dishes. I've rarely eaten at restaurants either. Now, pretty much, the only food I eat are single ingredient stuff like vegitables or plain chicken and fish with only basic spices, less salt or sugar, on them if at all.

For dessert I eat an apple or a tomatoe.

Pizza. :p

Nah, I'm not too picky, as long as it's vegan and doesn't taste like meat. Lol
Can't go wrong with a pizza! Haven't had a pizza in years actually,
if I was doing a vegan menu it would be:

Starters
Beetroot salad dressed in sweet tangy dressing
Mains
Mixed vegetable curry with a coconut bread
Dessert
Vegan Syrup Sponge Cake

Very sweet menu though lol

Nah, I'm not too picky, as long as it's vegan and doesn't taste like meat. Lol
I've gotten to where using mushrooms in place of meat isn't even noticed. I eat a ton of mushrooms now. But, I still feel the need to include meat to add variety to what I eat and for protein. I also eat chicken eggs. Where do you get your protein? <- Ha! ha! An opportunity for another joke.

I've gotten to where using mushrooms in place of meat isn't even noticed. I eat a ton of mushrooms now. But, I still feel the need to include meat to add variety to what I eat and for protein. I also eat chicken eggs. Where do you get your protein? <- Ha! ha! An opportunity for another joke.
Sorry, I don't touch sausage either. :p

But seriously, the usual suspects, nuts, beans, legumes, tofu.

I am not too picky with my food. I'd appreciate it even more if someone made it for me. I think thats pretty sexy. Then again, my stomach is the way to my heart.

That being said however, I would prefer the crispy duck without the hoisin sauce and apple pie or sponge cake instead of berry.

Oh and ice cream should definitely be served next to a hot piece of pie.

Good luck with your meal.

I am not too picky with my food. I'd appreciate it even more if someone made it for me. I think thats pretty sexy. Then again, my stomach is the way to my heart.

That being said however, I would prefer the crispy duck without the hoisin sauce and apple pie or sponge cake instead of berry.

Oh and ice cream should definitely be served next to a hot piece of pie.

Good luck with your meal.
No Hoisin sauce!! What would you prefer... maybe a plumb sauce?

And ooh yeah I want dessert to be hotttt 🔥🔥🔥

Apple pie and ice cream, hmm sounds super traditional.

No Hoisin sauce!! What would you prefer... maybe a plumb sauce?

And ooh yeah I want dessert to be hotttt 🔥🔥🔥

Apple pie and ice cream, hmm sounds super traditional.
plumb sauce sounds pretty good actually, sweet and a little sour...nice.

If it were for me, i would like double the amount of duck and two or three lamb shanks. Maybe cut down on the roast potatoes to make room.

Oh, and add some paprika or chilli powder to the roast potatoes in the spicing phase to give it a little kick. Would work great with the sauce.

Yeah...that would be an awesome meal. Especially after a workout.

plumb sauce sounds pretty good actually, sweet and a little sour...nice.

If it were for me, i would like double the amount of duck and two or three lamb shanks. Maybe cut down on the roast potatoes to make room.

Oh, and add some paprika or chilli powder to the roast potatoes in the spicing phase to give it a little kick. Would work great with the sauce.

Yeah...that would be an awesome meal. Especially after a workout.
Yeah plum works well with duck I think, some people do orange but i'm scared lol.

I was gonna do quarter duck for starters, so that would be half a duck and three lamb shanks !!?!? Wow you have a big appetite lolz :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hmmm I was thinking what the roast potatoes would need to be a bit more... exciting lol

Latest posts

Back