Need some tips on my social problem.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Lonely One

Reaction score
Ok...so i was wondering if anyone here can give me some tips on dealing or get rid of my problem of lack of empathy,Schizoid (not Schizophrenia),slightly psychopathic ways and finding urge outlets. And please don't say "find a psychiatrist", because 1) I don't have the money and 2) I am intelligent enough to follow a few given tips.-Thank you for any responses given.

urge outlets...

please explain more to me. I think I understand what you mean but I want to be sure before I comment

you should read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoid_personality_disorder

I have borderline personality disorder and it really is all about maturity and controlling yourself, but I really dont understand "lack of empathy".

i think that is Schizoid. I think you already know that... Maybe you should look up Aspergers Syndrome too.

Do you feel comfortable enough to be more specific as to some of your "ways" easier to give insight that way.

eris said:
urge outlets...

please explain more to me. I think I understand what you mean but I want to be sure before I comment

you should read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoid_personality_disorder

I have borderline personality disorder and it really is all about maturity and controlling yourself, but I really dont understand "lack of empathy".

i think that is Schizoid. I think you already know that... Maybe you should look up Aspergers Syndrome too.
yeah schizoid is right,"characterized by a lack of interest in social relationships, a tendency towards a solitary lifestyle, secretiveness, and emotional coldness"
pm me one what you think you understand.

I'm not sure if empathy can be taught. It's usually something you develop as you grow up. I suppose you could "learn", but it would have to come from your own experiences with other people.

tehdreamer said:
I'm not sure if empathy can be taught. It's usually something you develop as you grow up. I suppose you could "learn", but it would have to come from your own experiences with other people.

I see, I thank you for that response.

I know a friend who used to suffer from Schizoid personality disorder. He used to suffer a lot. He was always shy. He was afraid to speak in front of a crowd. Both of us were doing MBA in marketing. This disease seriously affected his studies because he used to skip the presentation sessions. Finally I took him to a psychiatrist and he tried hypnotherapy on him. He had to attend 10 sessions of two hours each. Within one month he was okay. This treatment also made him bold and lively.

kinley121 said:
I know a friend who used to suffer from Schizoid personality disorder. He used to suffer a lot. He was always shy. He was afraid to speak in front of a crowd. Both of us were doing MBA in marketing. This disease seriously affected his studies because he used to skip the presentation sessions. Finally I took him to a psychiatrist and he tried hypnotherapy on him. He had to attend 10 sessions of two hours each. Within one month he was okay. This treatment also made him bold and lively.

I don't think hypnotherapy really works. Isn't it just a placebo effect?? I don't even think there is any scientific proof that hypnosis actually works..However I'm not discounting your story as being false.

Latest posts

Back