Are there people, who got out of midlife crisis?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexChristy

Reaction score
I never thought I would be the member of forum about loneliness.
I was very successful, happy, emotional and active person.
But last winter there were big problems in my business life, and since that time I feel so alone.
I have a beautiful wife and a beautiful son, but nevertheless I have no friends and fell really alone.
I think it is midlife crisis.
Through all days I think, I could be more successful. My cell phone rings only once a day - when I stand up in the morning.
Sometimes I'm thinking of getting a new profession (ha-ha, I'm 28 now, it's too late).
It is not a problem of loneliness, it is a problem of uncomfortable feelings.
I want to be useful, to help other people. But it seems, I need help now.
I am not that kind of men, who are melancholics.
Are here men and women of age 30+?
Is it midlife crisis? How to get out of it???

28? 30+? Midlife crisis?

No.

30's is the new 20's.

Midlife crisis you're probably looking more towards 50's these days.

You're in a funk, things went down the crapper and now you just have to pull yourself up. That can be hard to do, really hard sometimes, but you just gotta do it somehow. Find something to anchor to and get things back on track.

I had my mid-life crisis back when I was about 25. At 40, I'm currently going through my end-of-life crisis.

AlexChristy said:
blackdot said:
I had my mid-life crisis back when I was about 25. At 40, I'm currently going through my end-of-life crisis.
A joke?

Considering I'm 25 and going through midlife crisis myself, I'd say he's talking seriously.

Midlife crisis is simply coming to the realization that life is finite. I think this hits harder for those coming out of college. You have A wife and kids, something a lot of people wish they had. You have everything you need. No one wants to be your friend? Screw it, you got a family!

Midnight Sky said:
Midlife crisis is simply coming to the realization that life is finite. I think this hits harder for those coming out of college. You have wife and kids, something a lot of people wish they had. You have everything you need. No one wants to be your friend? Screw it, you got a family!

It's not that simple Sky. However, I believe that having no one around, neither friends nor partner, do hurt.

I'm age 50. As soon as the number went from 49 to 50 earlier this year, I feel the large boulder rolling down the hill after me, named "midlife crisis". I'm alone. I try to make the best of my life, lacking as it may be. Options to finally find that elusive want for happiness are fading faster than the tide going out to sea.

To be where you are, AlexChristy, married, and a father...in my view, that IS the greatest feeling one could experience in their life. Cherish it every day, my friend!
Everything else (friends, social activities) is just garnish. Nice to have, but hardly necessary in comparison to what you have now - a loving wife, and a son.

Latest posts

Back