I hate people.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toejam_lunchbox

Reaction score
I really have no idea where to start.

I am 30 and I have spent, literally, my entire life in front of a computer. Might this be the reason I Have no personality? I am the dullest guy you will ever meet. I have no style of dress. No opinions on current events, politics, religion, etc. Every day of my life is identical to the day before, aside from slight variations of what I encounter at work. The way I wake up, the way I shower, the way I shave, the way I sleep... always the same.

I cannot hold a conversation, or maybe I just refuse to. I never have anything, whatsoever, to say and I really don't care what the others are saying. Only if it's a situation where I MUST participate will I pretend to care (job interview, for example).

I hate people. Whether it is at work, school, in public, you name it. Please don't mistake my hatred for ignorance, though. I love to learn and spend much of my time researching. Also, I'm not an *******. I don't go around putting people down or anything like that. I certainly don't wish them any harm. I just can't stand people.

So why am I here? I honestly don't know. I stumbled onto this site and read some very interesting things. Deep down I admit I don't want to be alone, but what can I do about it? I hate everyone too much.

Welcome to the forum :)

I can relate to what you are saying to a degree. I have realised though, that it's not 'people' in general I hate, it's the way they treat me, the way they make me feel so inadequate, unwanted and worthless. Sometimes, I just can't face people and right now, I would be happy if I never saw another person ever again. I'm so sick of people pretending to care when they really couldn't give a honeysuckle whether I was alive or dead. I have also realised that the hatred I sometimes feel towards people is not really directed at them - it's ME I hate, for being so shy, so socially inadequate, for having absolutely no social skills, because I can't make decent conversation, because I can't make a real life friend to save my life and for allowing myself to believe that someone actually cares, then getting hurt when I find out they don't.

My days are identical as well and due to circumstances, there is not a lot I can do to change that right now. I have tried to make friends in other places...works great until they get whatever they want, then they throw me away like I am a piece of garbage.

I still refuse to let those people make me bitter and I will continue to try. I have lived a lot of years in total solitude and I wish with all my heart I could be content to go back to that, but I can't now. I don't think there is a day that goes by that I don't wish I was dead but I will never hurt myself (although last night was probably the closest I've ever come to it).

This forum is a wonderful safe place. There are so many lovely, friendly, helpful people here and I am grateful to every single one of them because if I hadn't found this place, I would be lost and probably would have given up.

I don't have any useful advice for you but I hope you find what you need here. If you want/need to chat, please feel free to PM me.

When i read your post, I had the impression that your problem is more of an inner one than an external one. I dont know what is the reasonbehind your hatred toward other. Did someone harm you? Has anything happened that made you hate everyone?

I may have misread your post but i think that you should first think about WHY you feel toward others the way you do and second do you want to change the situation you are in, that is do you want to overcome your loneliness?

The fact that you are a 'dull' person is quastionable here. Has someone told you that you are dull or is it just your opinion about yourself because you know sometimes the way we see ourselves is different from the way others see us so...

Try to make (new) friends and hang out and have fun with them, you would be surprised how quickly your opinion turn otherwise. You won't meet so many friends if you're gonna sit in front of a computer the whole day, although I do nearly the same thing as you do nowadays, lol.

This world doesn't only consist of ******** or uninterested people or superficial people that only care for looks. You probably just had the bad luck of meeting the wrong ones, I guess. Just go out, to a cinema, to the dentist, to a Justin bieber concert, I don't care. As long as you go out, then you can give yourself the "privilege" to work on your social skills and to know how to better represent yourself.

I find it interesting that people regardless of age can have such an inward view of themselves, you remind me of Maurice Moss from the IT Crowd somewhat.
Unfortunately hate can't always be eradicated from someone's heart, yet you may block it out bit by bit, it will take you some guts as you'll need to reach out and try to someone to confide in, and perhaps even call friend one day, then perhaps your view on others will improve as your faith in people increases.
I often find people's daily routine's don't change so much as time goes by, you become comfortable with it and don't question it, the fact you are bringing it up suggests you want a freedom, perhaps a freedom of expression? i try to be spontaneous and do things on a whim, you have to work on changing the little things first, i think you are able to if you have the will.

You hate other people but half of what you wrote seemed to about how much you hate yourself, and as Nikki pointed out, these two things can be one and the same. When you think of yourself in such a negative way, you don't expect anything from other people except for them to kick you like you kick yourself. Alienation can make you feel hate when what you really want is to feel loved.

toejam_lunchbox said:

I am 30 and I have spent, literally, my entire life in front of a computer. Might this be the reason I Have no personality? I am the dullest guy you will ever meet. I have no style of dress. No opinions on current events, politics, religion, etc. Every day of my life is identical to the day before, aside from slight variations of what I encounter at work. The way I wake up, the way I shower, the way I shave, the way I sleep... always the same.

I cannot hold a conversation, or maybe I just refuse to. I never have anything, whatsoever, to say and I really don't care what the others are saying. Only if it's a situation where I MUST participate will I pretend to care (job interview, for example).

I hate people. Whether it is at work, school, in public, you name it. Please don't mistake my hatred for ignorance, though. I love to learn and spend much of my time researching. Also, I'm not an *******. I don't go around putting people down or anything like that. I certainly don't wish them any harm. I just can't stand people.

So why am I here? I honestly don't know. I stumbled onto this site and read some very interesting things. Deep down I admit I don't want to be alone, but what can I do about it? I hate everyone too much.

Like me, you're a misanthrope, and you should read this:

http://www.experienceproject.com/stories/Am-A-Misanthrope/1794304

I hate people too. The few friends I have are lifelong family friends or cousins. I very rarely let new people or outsiders in. I think working in tech support/customer service for 15 years has really brought out my hatred of people. What I deal with every day: the anger, rudeness, not cooperating, yelling and screaming, being hung up on, etc, is overwhelming. There's days I run to the bathroom sobbing because I just got off an hour long phone call with some vile ******* that treated me horribly the whole time I was trying to help. I have ZERO tolerance for stupidity and laziness and that is all I encounter every day, including my worthless coworkers. I come to work every day, don't talk to anyone or participate in anything, and leave after my 8 hours is up. I'm paid to do my job, NOT socialize with idiots I can't stand.

I also refuse to watch the news because that's enough to put anybody over the edge. I live in Chicago and all I hear about are murders and people doing sickening things to each other. Thanks, but I'd rather be home with my dogs.

Like Eve, I don't hate people.. just dislike some of the things they do or say..

People are the cause for everything bad in my life. But I don't try to hate anyway.

It's good to know I'm not the only one here who knows what a festering, pus-engorged tumor the human condition is. I can become fond of certain individuals, & sometimes do. But humans in general? As Col. Kurtz once said, "The horror...the horror! Exterminate the brutes!"

Also, that link is choice. :)

The world extends beyond this flickering rectangle...

People release the worst in their personalities online, because they have nobody to answer to and they feel big behind their online avatars.

Believe me, the people in the real world, are totally amazing, even the horrible ones. :)

Scootch said:

People release the worst in their personalities online, because they have nobody to answer to and they feel big behind their online avatars.

Believe me, the people in the real world, are totally amazing, even the horrible ones. :)

You must have an unusually lucky life so far. My position is not solely derived from experience online, not by a long shot. I've worked a few different jobs, some of which required dealing with the public rather extensively. There was also my family to put up with though that isn't so true anymore, thank God. The foregoing is not a conclusive curriculum vitae.

Just look at how the 20th century went: At the end of the 19th, religion had been mostly stripped of governing power in the West, science & seculr thought were ascendant, & there was hope that peace was just around the corner. After that came Communism, Nazism, two world wars, the Cold War (& the conflicts that came out of that including Korea & Vietnam), & the postcolonial chaos in Africa & parts of Latin America. Who did all of that?

Humans.

toejam_lunchbox said:
sucks to be you, I love hating people
Scootch said:

so you're okay with the fact that the only reason people hold back on their overwhelming bigotry is the fear of the consequences?

toejam_lunchbox said:

Haha, I'm a lot like you except I am duuuuumb! ^_^

Maybe you just came here because you're bored?

Latest posts

Back