Telling a girl you're handsome

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimonT

Reaction score
Does anyone think that telling a girl you're handsome somehow makes her want you more psychologiclly? Just seen a lot of guys do it & wondered why they do it. It's like they think it'll make them want them more, or that's how it seems to me. I wondered if this might be a psychological thing actually, like when a quick flashing say coke logo flashes up on a cinema screen that I've seen before, even though it's too quick to really see it, but apparently subconsciously makes you want to buy it. Or do women just think this makes the guy just seem arrogant?

I'm not a woman, but I would find either sex telling me how amazingly attractive they are to be incredibly arrogant and a complete turn-off. I can't imagine that anyone who is truly happy with their appearance would ever do such a thing - it seems more like something someone who feels insecure and is searching for validation would do.

I can't imagine it helping in any social/romantic encounter either...

It's probably a confidence thing. Most girls like confidence and that IS confident saying something like that, and by saying it in a joking/flirty kinda way is another thing they'll probably find attractive or 'cute'. But like Cavey said about arrogance there's a fine line between that.

I'm sure she can decide whether or not she thinks you are handsome on her own. As for telling her you have a great personality, you're better off just showing her.

mintymint said:
I'm sure she can decide whether or not she thinks you are handsome on her own. As for telling her you have a great personality, you're better off just showing her.

same thing

maybe its more of a joking kind of thing?
I've done that before when chatting to female friends and it I let it slip out how startlingly good looking I am, but I don't tend to think it makes them want me even more..
that being said.. when I mention the size of my massive penis and how I can't wear skinny jeans, it does tend to put an image in their head and even though they laugh it off.. there remains the question inside their minds that makes them wonder... hmm.
;)

I done that before, in a joking matter. I was definitely looking for validation.

Walley said:
...when I mention the size of my massive penis and how I can't wear skinny jeans, it does tend to put an image in their head and even though they laugh it off.. there remains the question inside their minds that makes them wonder... hmm.
;)

Awwww. You have that problem too? Yeah I avoid the skinny jeans as well... :D

Cavey said:
I'm not a woman, but I would find either sex telling me how amazingly attractive they are to be incredibly arrogant and a complete turn-off. I can't imagine that anyone who is truly happy with their appearance would ever do such a thing - it seems more like something someone who feels insecure and is searching for validation would do.

I agree totally with this statement. There is an expression that said something like:

"Actions are better than words."

What I suggest is to prove her by your actions that you are handsome. Don't tell her. Prove her.é

I agree with all the above comments about arrogance, but I also wanted to add that I have met several people with major objective shortcomings in the looks department who would be calmly self assured without arrogance and would casually call themselves aloud "cute" or "attractive", and that actually worked in their favor, if nothing else because people tend not to contradict people who seem really convinced of something.

Latest posts

Back