New here

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balthier

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm not exactly a lonely person, but since I have no brothers/sisters and father, and my mother died 3 years ago, I've thought of myself as "alone in the world", which i dont think it is the exact thing as being a lonely man (not best or worst, just diferrent, in my opinion).

I was always able to deal with that, but a couple months ago I met this girl and fell in love with her. Now I am scared as hell of being rejected and also, since this a problem that i have to deal myself, I am feeling extremly lonely these last weeks. I need to put myself together again, before i muster the courage to talk to her.

So i want to talk to people and/or share experiences, so i can calm myself down, before being able to talk to her.

Hello Balthier, welcome to the forum. I'm sorry for your loss, and so sorry that it has made you feel so alone. I know how our issues can interfere with the current relationships we have or plan on building, so it's good if you want to share and talk about it so people here can help in or way or another.

I've also lost a parent before, and my siblings are not very helpful and I don't think I can relate to any of my family members or relatives. So feel free to PM me if you wish to have a chat about it. *hugs* Good luck.

Thanks for the kind words.

Thankfully I have a good relationship with almost all my family. Since i recently had to move to another city, i kind of lost contact with some of them, but I'm working on getting in touch again with them. I hevent spokenn about this issue with no one close to me, since it's hard to talk about it. I know they would be supportive if i did, but then everyone would star to ask how things a re goin, if I already asked her out, etc, and that would surely upset me a lot. Sharing this helps a lot, maybe soon i'll be able to talk to her, and things will work out :)

I have a strong feeling that she is interested in me also, so, maybe the only thing i need is to go and tell her, if only it were easy...

I know how you feel because if I imagine my life without any family members, I'd be alone however many friends I had. When you have family you know they will always care for you whatever happens with friends, but when you only have friends you have to hope they will never abandon you. Once you're a parent, you may have your kids, but you're still sort of the person at the top, in charge, alone.

Family is a security that is hard to be completely replicated by friends (though might be possible, I don't know yet!). Losing family is sort of like losing a body part and makes you more vulnerable, right? Regardless of if you have friends.

I reckon you'll be much more calmer and relieved if you tell her, and others, exactly how you feel about being alone. If you share your loneliness with your friends then it won't be a burden that you're carrying alone; it'll instead be a burden you are sharing with your friends and they'll help you deal with it.

Just having other people, especially those you talk to all of the time, know what you're going through and the pain you're feeling, really helps.

Thans for the kindness guys, i was very busy these days so I couldn't reply.

I've been socializing a little more and trying to put my stuff together, I know it will improve my life in all levels. And thanks for the advice Therapon, there's a lot of wisdom in what you said, i'll give it some thought.

Just noticed something silly: the second person to answer this thread, was Ladyforsaken, which uses an owl for her pic. This girl I'm love, looooves owls. Maybe it's a good sign. :)

Balthier said:
Just noticed something silly: the second person to answer this thread, was Ladyforsaken, which uses an owl for her pic. This girl I'm love, looooves owls. Maybe it's a good sign. :)

I like that pic too. It is actually 2 dream catchers placed symmetrically to look like an owl. Feels like it has so many meanings to it.

Maybe, could be, a good sign. Just don't give up.

Latest posts

Back