Procrastination Hot Posts

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonely Satellite

Reaction score
Help! I'm a chronic procrastinater. Any advice to help overcome this is appreciated.

Become a non-procrastinater today!

And here I was hoping that this thread is to share advice where and how to procrastinate:) But I think I'll have a tip or two, will post it when I get on my laptop, as I dont know how to write paragraphs on my phone:( It would be untasteful to post something lenghty without them.

1. One thing I find helps is that sometimes I decide to give myself a treat if I do a particular thing first.
2. I also write a list every day of everything I have to do and tick things off when they are done. So while there are some things which I admit to constantly putting off, I do get a fair ammount done.

So here I am.
And I suggest a number of reminders. Those that remind you not to procrastinate, or to follow your dream, or something like this.

Make a wallpaper that says: ,,dont screw around!"*
Make a phone deskop: ,,dont screw around!"*
And make yourself a poster that says: ,,dont screw around!"*

And as you are about to procrastinate, this should remind you what you are doing, and what you dont want to do.

*interchangeable for any other motivational sentence...or something like that..

It's all about keeping yourself motivated to do stuff. With practise this can be achieved.

But there will always be some point where you may get like this. It's only natural.

Motivation helps, yeah.

But when the motivation isn't there, that's the challenge. So I try to be self-disciplined. If I say I'm gonna do this today.. I make sure I do it today, like no other options whatsoever. It bugs me if I say I'm gonna do something but I don't do them...

ladyforsaken said:
Motivation helps, yeah.

But when the motivation isn't there, that's the challenge. So I try to be self-disciplined. If I say I'm gonna do this today.. I make sure I do it today, like no other options whatsoever. It bugs me if I say I'm gonna do something but I don't do them...

I wish I had your sense of external motivation. All that seems to work for me is eliminating distractions from the outside, rather than summoning discipline from myself from the inside.

SophiaGrace said:
ladyforsaken said:
Motivation helps, yeah.

I wish I had your sense of external motivation. All that seems to work for me is eliminating distractions from the outside, rather than summoning discipline from myself from the inside.

I used to not be like this. I'm not sure what changed or what happened to me to straighten up. I think I got so sick and tired of life being the same and I complained too much about stuff that I figured, if I don't do anything about it, it's not gonna happen. Maybe wanting things to change so much was the drive for it, not sure.

I'll help you tomorrow.

Kidding obviously! I clicked on this thread because I too procrastinate. Lists help me somewhat. That said, there is a certain fulfillment in taking something to the wire and getting it done (so long as you do finish). Important thing to realize is that there are many, many others in same boat. Procrastination sucks the worst when it appears everyone else has their act together. News flash... most don't. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back