9559 days of waking up alone.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning! I wish I could say it's nice to be here but actually I don't think anybody should be lonely enough to need support from strangers. It hurts real bad and I just want to say that I sympathise with all of you. :'(

You actually counted the days? It never crossed my mind to count the days. Hm. Interesting though, it says "waking up alone" (it`s puzzling why you posted exactly on the 9559th).
"Support from strangers" is even more to be appreciated (you make it sound like it was something pitiful). I, for one, appreciate very much the support I receive here from warm, friendly, open-hearted members. And I share the opinions of Sci-Fi and Seeker.
So, what`s up Zen? Welcome to the forum. :)

zero said:
Morning! I wish I could say it's nice to be here but actually I don't think anybody should be lonely enough to need support from strangers. It hurts real bad and I just want to say that I sympathise with all of you. :'(

You actually counted the days? It never crossed my mind to count the days. Hm. Interesting though, it says "waking up alone" (it`s puzzling why you posted exactly on the 9559th).
"Support from strangers" is even more to be appreciated (you make it sound like it was something pitiful). I, for one, appreciate very much the support I receive here from warm, friendly, open-hearted members. And I share the opinions of Sci-Fi and Seeker.

Thanks. :)

I didn't count the days, I was born 9559 days ago, felt particularly lonely this morning and wondered how many days I've been alive and insignificant.

Of course I appreciate anyone being there to help, I didn't mean to offend anyone with the "support from strangers" remark, sorry. :(

To the gentleman who mentioned 16,000 days, I'm really sorry for you. I think I'll have given up completely by 10,000, if not already by 2014.

The web can be so frustrating and depressing when you're lonely, particularly on social networks where everyone is always showing off the happiness in their lives. Facebook feeds are filled with nothing but happy optimistic extroverts enjoying themselves or advertising their wonderful lives.

I just can't seem to establish a relationship in life. I don't think I'm physically unattractive or lacking confidence in general, I just can't seem to do anything when it comes to the fairer sex. Girls either don't like me or something else is wrong that I'm not seeing. It's like I'm weak because I'm lonely, and in turn lonely because of this weakness... and somehow they see/sense that and they don't like it. :(

I've been trying OKCupid (the dating site) for several months now to see if anyone will talk to me, but of course nobody ever replies. I've sent out over 50 messages. I always write nice things too and make nice compliments, but it doesn't seem to matter.

It hurts real bad to just be 'overlooked' like that. Just because I've never had a girlfriend, that shouldn't be a reason for someone to reject me.

The feeling of being neglected and unwanted is horrible. I sympathise with anyone who understands this. For me it's not just an emotional discomfort, but also a physical one, it's a tingling feeling right at the tip of my stomach. Despite years of antidepressants since my early teens, I still struggle to make it a week without wondering when I might actually get around to ending this misery.

Perhaps I'm selfish to assume I should have what most others have, but really I think I just want to feel normal and loved. :(

Zen said:
I didn't count the days, I was born 9559 days ago, felt particularly lonely this morning and wondered how many days I've been alive and insignificant.
Perhaps I'm selfish to assume I should have what most others have, but really I think I just want to feel normal and loved. :(

Happy Birthday, Zen! :)
happy_birth114777_xcitefun_happybirthday8-98164257e228a783224cdcb369f5153c.gif

Make a wish, birthday wishes get granted.
onion001.gif

[video=youtube]

Zen said:
zero said:

Thanks. :)

Of course I appreciate anyone being there to help, I didn't mean to offend anyone with the "support from strangers" remark, sorry. :(

To the gentleman who mentioned 16,000 days, I'm really sorry for you. I think I'll have given up completely by 10,000, if not already by 2014.

The web can be so frustrating and depressing when you're lonely, particularly on social networks where everyone is always showing off the happiness in their lives. Facebook feeds are filled with nothing but happy optimistic extroverts enjoying themselves or advertising their wonderful lives.

I just can't seem to establish a relationship in life. I don't think I'm physically unattractive or lacking confidence in general, I just can't seem to do anything when it comes to the fairer sex. Girls either don't like me or something else is wrong that I'm not seeing. It's like I'm weak because I'm lonely, and in turn lonely because of this weakness... and somehow they see/sense that and they don't like it. :(

I've been trying OKCupid (the dating site) for several months now to see if anyone will talk to me, but of course nobody ever replies. I've sent out over 50 messages. I always write nice things too and make nice compliments, but it doesn't seem to matter.

It hurts real bad to just be 'overlooked' like that. Just because I've never had a girlfriend, that shouldn't be a reason for someone to reject me.

The feeling of being neglected and unwanted is horrible. I sympathise with anyone who understands this. For me it's not just an emotional discomfort, but also a physical one, it's a tingling feeling right at the tip of my stomach. Despite years of antidepressants since my early teens, I still struggle to make it a week without wondering when I might actually get around to ending this misery.

well 16,000 probably isn't accurate more like the last 30 years. I wanted a girlfriend when I was 15. So, yes 30 long years. 3 relationships about a month each one, never 'woke up' with any of them. 2 were seeing somebody else as well as me. Only 1 I actually liked. The other 2 I just went along with it because it was new.

Like yourself, I have no idea what's up. I see complete arseholes walk around with women on their arms. Or men who stink. But over the years I have learned not to let it bother me so much. In fact I do relish my freedom, I can do what I want and when. No money worries, nagging etc. It's a nag that's always going to be there but I can't say it makes me very unhappy.

zero said:

onion001.gif

[video=youtube]

Actually you're 62 days late on that one! Sorry! But thanks anyway. Although it's not like my wishes ever come true anyway otherwise I wouldn't have posted in the first place! :p

Triple Bogey said:
well 16,000 probably isn't accurate more like the last 30 years. I wanted a girlfriend when I was 15. So, yes 30 long years. 3 relationships about a month each one, never 'woke up' with any of them. 2 were seeing somebody else as well as me. Only 1 I actually liked. The other 2 I just went along with it because it was new.

Like yourself, I have no idea what's up. I see complete arseholes walk around with women on their arms. Or men who stink. But over the years I have learned not to let it bother me so much. In fact I do relish my freedom, I can do what I want and when. No money worries, nagging etc. It's a nag that's always going to be there but I can't say it makes me very unhappy.
I hope both of us someday find what we're looking for. :(

But at least you can say you've had a hug, which is more than I can say for myself...

I think it's important to find someone where you can both maintain some sort of independence. Those are usually the longest lasting and most successful relationships.

Zen said:
zero said:

onion001.gif

[video=youtube]

Actually you're 62 days late on that one! Sorry! But thanks anyway. Although it's not like my wishes ever come true anyway otherwise I wouldn't have posted in the first place! :p

Triple Bogey said:

I hope both of us someday find what we're looking for. :(

But at least you can say you've had a hug, which is more than I can say for myself...

I think it's important to find someone where you can both maintain some sort of independence. Those are usually the longest lasting and most successful relationships.

yes I have had hugs and kisses etc. First kiss was when I was 25.

Latest posts

Back