A radical pessimist's guide to next 10 years

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait. This is serious. I don't find it funny really, for it's all too true. Well maybe not all, but too much of it. Kind of reminds me of 1984 by Orwell. We're seriously heading that way. And back towards slavery, too. I mean it.

Won't be long before we'll cease to be persons, and be viewed just as a tool owned by large corporations who don't give a **** about anything, except how much more money they can get (although they already have so much they don't know what to do with it) and how much power they can get.

World should seriously need another 1789.

Matej said:
Wait. This is serious. I don't find it funny really, for it's all too true. Well maybe not all, but too much of it. Kind of reminds me of 1984 by Orwell. We're seriously heading that way. And back towards slavery, too. I mean it.

Won't be long before we'll cease to be persons, and be viewed just as a tool owned by large corporations who don't give a **** about anything, except how much more money they can get (although they already have so much they don't know what to do with it) and how much power they can get.

World should seriously need another 1789.

You, sir, are are a pessimist :)

First I would like to say I think I am an optimist :) But its just about the way I look at things.

This list is sad, but true. I think it was writted by someone who really got dissapointed.

But, it is true :

Here are a few comments

A radical pessimist's guide to the next 10 years said:
You'll spend a lot of your time feeling like a dog leashed to a pole outside the grocery store – separation anxiety will become your permanent state

I do feel like a dog leashed to a pole, but that is for a few different reason. On a different note, It seems like everyone is more afraid of everything the more time goes on.

The suburbs are doomed, especially thoseE.T. , California-style suburbs

To me it seems the suburbs are becoming the city. And the country is becoming the suburbs. This is just where I live. 300 years ago my city was a mining town and now it is urban sprawl.

North America can easily fragment quickly as did the Eastern Bloc in 1989

it IS going to happen. I am sure :) The us is probably about 15 different places we just have strange borders. So, I see in the future horrible silly civil wars. And Mexico is becoming more urban as well. I dont know much about Canada.

Lets hope Im dead before the bomb drops

Something smarter than us is going to emerge

oh, how I hope. I really do. i guess thats why Im an optimist.

Latest posts

Back