ADD and ADHD

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnfletcher

Reaction score
hi pals does anyone in here add or adhd or something like that and if so how is your life with it and what do you find the most difficult about it tell me anything and good luck to all peaple with disorders

I have adult ADD and it's a pain in the backside. I take meds morning and evening, which it just so happens are anphetamines. I live in Texas, where the laws governing controlled substances are rather odious: the prescription cannot be phoned into the pharmacy or sent via e- mail, has to be delivered by hand, on state- licensed Rx paper, not more that 30 days in advance of the fill date.

In other words, lots of (expensive) visits to the shrink, the majority of which consist of "I need my meds" and "yeah, here, see you in a month." Recently they changed it to allow Docs to prescribe three months to patients who are "well controlled," whatever that means.

Other than a lot of schlepping around to deliver pieces of paper with the state seal of Texas on 'em, it's not too bad. I can focus on task for a resionable period, I don't have the urge to take the toaster apart and convert it to a clothes dryer or put forks in the microwave "just because" and overall life is good - as long as I take the meds EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Skip them for even a couple of days and not only does the ADD come back with a vengeance, you get withdrawal from the pills to deal with as a side bonus. That my friend, is a total, bonifide, honeysuckle EXPERIENCE.

Latest posts

Back